The Newbie Mission

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 124 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » General Questions

Post subject: The Newbie Mission
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:07 pm 

Don't post in this thread if you haven't actually gone out and done this mission!

Source: http://fastseduction.com/cgi-bin/search ... 6124580572

Date: December 14th, 2000 08:38:26 PM (EST)
Group: alt.seduction.fast
Author: Svengali
Quote:
Here's my challenge to everyone who is (a) afraid of meeting women,
and/or (b) not getting any women, or (c) not getting enough women.

This simple little challenge will (a) eliminate your fear of women, (b)
show you that you don't have to play any tricks to get and have them.

Ready?

Tomorrow, or Saturday, or Sunday, groom and dress yourself real nice.
I'm not asking anyone to put on any suits, or ties, or jackets
(unless that is your comfortable style), but rather dress in your own
comfortable, natural way, wearing clean and at least reasonably pressed
clothes. Then drive to the nearest shopping mall/center and walk
around looking and damn near everything. As you're doing so, say "hi"
and give a smile to every woman who passes you by, and who is next to
you, and who is in front of you, or whatever. The smile doesn't have
to be this big cheesy grin, but whatever is your normal, comfortable
way of smiling. {Any kind of smile shows you're not depressed, nor
someone to be afraid of.}

Doing nothing else but giving a simple smile and "hi" to everyone,
you come back here on Monday and tell me that not one woman stopped
dead in her tracks to say some things to you after you did nothing more
then smile and say "hi".

A simple smile and "hello" to everyone. Cost nothing, takes no time,
won't hurt anyone. Yet I'll bet most of you will rationalize out
some reason(s) why you can't do this, and/or it's not good, and/or all
kinds of other things, and then come back here looking for that magical
pill advice, that will bring you all the women you want.

Guess what?

I just gave you the "magical pill" advice. If you can't or won't say
"hi" to everyone with a smile (so they quickly see they have nothing to
be afraid of), NOTHING Ross Jeffries gives you, Maniac gives you, NYC
gives you, Mystery gives you, I give you, or whoever, will work.

Now get out there and prove me wrong. I dare you!
Chief's Summary/Interpretation:
Walk around a fairly crowded public place such as a shopping center or a mall. Make eye contact, smile, and say hi to EVERY female you pass by. Do this until you feel like you can go up and say hi to ANYONE, ANYTIME without hesitation. Everyone who's trying to get into pickup must do this mission.

Feel free to post your results here.

Don't post in this thread if you haven't actually gone out and done this mission!

Want more missions? Check out this thread.

Last edited by Chief on Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:41 am 
New to MPUA Forum

AOL: SerphChaser
On Wednesday, 3/18/09, I got my roommate to take me to the mall to do something extremely similar to this.

Instead of saying hi, I used openers on every women I think is attractive. I made eye contact, smiled, and used an opener.

I approached mostly one sets and two sets, mostly consisting of HB7s or HB8s. Occasionally a 9.

The openers I used are:
the haircut opener, the gay shirt opener, the direct "you're cute" opener, and "does this hat make me look like Justin Timberlake?" opener (I made this up when my roommate tried to convince me not to buy a fedora.)

Result:
At first I thought I'm going to be blown out left and right. But after 3+ approaches, my AA got a little less tense. I'm surprised that I haven't been blown out yet. When I did get blown out, which is just the girls turning thier backs to me and ignore me, I realized it wasn't so bad.

I went for another 5 approaches (with my roommate forcing and pushing me into the spot), I realized that its not so bad to go up and say something like "Hey, you. I need an opinion from a woman. Does this make me look gay?"

So basically at the end of the day, I did 3 more on my own and sorta got into this mild approach excitement. I feel pretty good. I also realize my sticking point: I freeze after the opener, I relied on the opener too much for conversation and couldn't bring myself to neg her.

I stopped after realizing that so I don't end up making that sticking point ingrained in my head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:23 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I failed.

Rather miserably at that.

As I sit here retrospectively with dimmed lights and a laptop in my lap (dim lights are not sign of depression here, it just feels better like this :)), I am left asking myself two main questions:

Did I fail? Definitely
Did I make any mistakes? Definitely not. I didn't try hard enough to actually get to a point where I could make mistakes. Read on...

Ok, so I decided yesterday that Sunday will be the day I will try and turn things around, try and take that step, a giant leap.

I woke up with messy hair, nervous looks and an unshaven face. It was time to change all three. Hair were washed and gelled up, looks altered to seem more pleased and 'happy', face, shaved, with a tiny goatee sort of thing under the lower lip. It actually looked pretty decent.

Since my favourite shirt was still not dry from yesterday's washing, I picked an alternate color(black), to top it up with a black T.H. jacket. It was smooth. It is highly unlikely that would see the word smooth again in this post.

Walking up to the mall was rather nerve racking. With my tiny brain processing a thousands thoughts a second, I had already failed. Like the quote in the OP says, if you think too much, you have already missed the point of the task.

Sadly, this is me, I am a thinker, a philosopher, an AFC. My battle lies within, my issues lie within, I know that. I also know that I deserve the best, I know that I should be able to get it. I have a willingness to acheive it, but not will power to actually make it happen.

This is me.

To continue the story, well, I tried to keep eye contact (and a smile on my face) with almost every woman I saw, it sort of worked once, where as I was crossing the road, me and this girl just looked at each other while we met half-way, only to go our seperate ways.

In the entire time (about 2 hours), I spoke a few words to only a coulpe of girls. I did exchange a few pleasantries with a couple of shop assistants on different occasions, but really could not take it beyond that. The only witty thing I said during all that time was when this woman wanted me to sign the payment slip (after I paid by debit card):
"Hmm..I have never really had to pay for my autograph before". She sort of laughed away, she was a bit distant at that time.

So anyways, Ihave failed, but the question is will I try again? Definitely.
Soon? Can't say.

I struggle by myself. I have always been the sort of person who feeds off other people's energy. I struggle to initiate something myself unless there is a catalyst, or an initiating force. I understand that a change is required, and I am willing to make it happen. But can I go the distance to make it happen? I dunno..I need a push.

I like and can play with words, I can make words seem like more than just that.

But sometimes words just don't quite cut it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:09 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Yeah Ill try this when I have the time... But... What to do next? I will probably just say hi to everyone, and never going to talk to them... is there any intermediary step?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:03 am 

Quote:
Yeah Ill try this when I have the time... But... What to do next? I will probably just say hi to everyone, and never going to talk to them... is there any intermediary step?
All it involves is saying "hi" and moving on. There's no intermediary step. This is also why I laughed when I read prince_capri's post saying that he failed even after he already "spoke a few words to a couple of girls."

Don't post in this thread again until you have done this mission.

prince_capri, just try again if you aren't satisfied with your results the first time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:20 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I will chief, definitely. I just dunno when yet (work and other social commitments). Plus, I think I would have done the same even if I wasn't 'trying', ie spoken to a couple of people. Its just that I am not happy with my results, but tbh, I am the one to blame, I do realise that. I think I would do better with some company..like I said, I always seem to work on vibes from other people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:56 am 
New to MPUA Forum

AOL: SerphChaser
Quote:
Sadly, this is me, I am a thinker, a philosopher, an AFC. My battle lies within, my issues lie within, I know that. I also know that I deserve the best, I know that I should be able to get it. I have a willingness to acheive it, but not will power to actually make it happen.
Well, change that state of mind! Go with:
This is me. I am a THINKER, A PHILOSOPHER, and an ACHIEVER.

and then imagine yourself saying doing it successfully and really feel the feeling of success. when i did this i thought about a bazillion things and i ask myself: "why am i thinking these things? they're not making any sense." I recommend reading The Game by Style/Neil Strauss.

ANYWAYS.

I did the newbie mission following the instructions this time today. Since I'm (or the girl) usually heading to class, I slip in a quick, casual "hi, wassup?"

I'm starting to see that when I held eye contact (sometimes I squint and raise an eyebrow -thanks to David D. for that idea) and say hi, some of them look excited to say hi back. I didn't have a lot of conversations b/c starting a conversation with "wassup" isn't my strong suit. That and rushing to class. But I will definitely continue doing this until I get the schtick on this. I don't know if I'm interpreting this right, but some of the girls have this "holy crap! hes talking to me!" look.

I'm starting to get a hang of this C&F attitude and Im having a lot of fun with it though I do freeze on many occasions still.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:48 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

it was cake... I hit a local cafe district, said hi to pretty much everyone i found remotely intimidating (I even said hi to a couple of enormous guys, I found them more intimidating then most of the girls there) chatted up a couple of girls on a nearby table... I didn't get any numbers but I think I got over any approach anxiety I had.

I probably spoke to 20-25 random girls, I wasn't after anything other than a snippet of information about them and I got that from about 60%. Was a bit of fun, something a little more challenging would be nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:06 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Haha I just remember my friend always say hi to every girl he met on the malls or even in the public and yes he can pick up girls on that kind of bait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:45 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Saturday 23rd May 2009

I went to the mall in my town today to do the Newbie Mission.
It was much harder than I thought and I couldn't say hi to a single girl though I thought I'll be able to say Hi to some 25-30 girls and may be few number closes as well (although I never thought about number close). I spent around 2 hours there roaming around the mall and to different stores.

Even though I wasn't successful at it, there were still lots of things which I learnt from it:
Quote:
1. This thing is lot harder than it seems and is truly the "Magic Pill" everyone is looking for. Rest all aspects of the game will automatically follow. This is the most important one.

2. This was a very good exercise to overcome my AA. Even though I couldn't say Hi to a single girl, I did realize how great it would feel if I can succeed in the newbie mission.

3. I went there alone all by myself. I did try to take a friend with me there but that didn't work out and I guess it was a good thing. This was for the first time I did something like this by myself. If I go there alone and succeed then it will give a tremendous boost to my confidence and help expand my comfort zone which is very important.

4. I guess it was the first time that I confronted the fear and insecurity which I have in me. I was challenging my negativity and trying to fight it for the first time. So, I'm bound to fall back to the old habbit pattern. My fear, insecurity and AA will obviously revolt against me coz they don't want me to change my thinking and outlook. I need to fight with them and win over them.

5. Since I realised how important this thing is, I would definitely try this thing over and over again until I become successful and expand my comfort zone to such an extent that I can go and talk to any girl at any time.

6. I tend to rationalize things too much thinking what others might be thinking about me or my actions but its not really important what others think about you. What is really important is what you think and how you feel about yourself. This mission is also about fighting that tendency where I'm trying to qualify myself and rationalize my actions for others which is not at all important. I gotta be brave, fearless and just be myself. That is most important.
Thanks a lot for posting information about the newbie mission in the forum.
I'll post the result of my next newbie mission here. It might take me a couple of them but I will keep trying. There is no going back now.

Post subject: why!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:07 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Why is the newbie mission so hard. A lot of people are on here because they have some sort of social anxiety. There's gotta be a better newbie mission that will gradually lead you to doing something like this. It's just not a logical or ABLE step for some people. Including me.

Post subject: Re: why!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:17 pm 

Quote:
Why is the newbie mission so hard. A lot of people are on here because they have some sort of social anxiety. There's gotta be a better newbie mission that will gradually lead you to doing something like this. It's just not a logical or ABLE step for some people. Including me.
If you are completely unable to do this after at least a few separate days of attempting this mission, you shouldn't be trying to solve your problems with pickup. You should be seeing a professional counselor, hypnotherapist, or some kind of licensed psychiatric therapist.

We've all been telling you, JasonLloyd, that you're only making this stuff hard for yourself. If you can't open your eyes from hearing the advice we've all been telling you for countless months now, I would highly recommend looking to one or more of the above options.

A great alternative to the therapeutic methods listed above would be Zen Buddhism, but that would only help an open-minded person.

Post subject: Well...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:39 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

I'm getting counseling. And medication. And I'm not going to zen buddhism, it's a religion and I have mine. I know you're fed up of me not taking the advice everyone gives me, but it's a lot harder for some people to go approaching. Some people read the game and halfway through go out and approach. Others finish it, keep reading other material, and then never approach. What I have is not an "inner game" issue. Inner game does not exist, or at least it never existed until a guy who wrote a book on tennis sold a few more copies of it through pickup. What I have is clearly a psychological issue, that I've been trying to address through pickup but this is not the solution. It's like a bucket full of holes. I patch a tiny hole up, and the water comes out the bigger hole even more. I know I'm not the only person with this problem. I can't be. It's not approach anxiety, or approach excitement, or whatever you want to call it. It's an issue that's ruining my life. And it isn't as simple as saying "I WILL approach today" and forcing myself to do it. I think that approaching or speaking to people would be a negative experience for me and drag me back into depression. PUA's always say that it takes like 200, or 250, or 500 approaches to get good and not get blown out. I know that even if i tried my hardest, I would manage about 3 approaches, and cos i got blown out, I'd give up, go home and feel like total shit for about a month. I don't know if it's a form of OCD, if I'm manic depressive or anything. All I actually know is, I can't help this. I can't change it myself unless I want to go through extreme pain emotionally that will do more harm than good. Chief, do you know what it's like to be depressed? Do you know what it's like when you try and improve and everything knocks you back so you're worse off than you were before? Do you know what it's like to be well known for your appalling social skills? The last question does have a sort of irony to it, but still. My friends group know me as "the guy who never gets any girls". I don't wanna change my friend group, as has been suggested to me so many times. I don't want to go out without my friends either, because I wouldn't speak to anyone. Pickup has made my life considerably worse in a way. I love reading the material, it's so interesting, I just love it. And listening to or watching some people talk about it is just as good. I love it all. The Game is one of my favourite books ever, and I can re-read it so many times and it's still just as good. But, with pickup, I've ended up spending money on products I don't need, I've wasted so much time reading, listening, writing, and being on the forum chat. Learning about "approach anxiety" probably worsened my form of it. And now whenever I see a girl, I just think about picking her up. I've read so much, and can regurgitate a lot of it, but I never know what to say to the girls I see. And I wouldn't say anything anyway. I'm lying when I say I don't wanna be a PUA. I do. I would love it. But it's trying to make me run, before I can walk. Hell, I can't even crawl yet. Speaking to people, for me, is the scariest thing in the world. I have trouble walking down the street to my local shop. That's scary for me. So going to speak to a total stranger, who's going to judge me, on my bad looks, on my mediocre dress sense, on my bad body language, on my strange voice, and on my terrible conversation is not something I want in my life. I know these are things I can change (except my voice), but I don't know how to change them without having to go out and speak to people, and improve on the things I suck with. Well that's pretty much all I wanted to say, Chief. I don't know why I said it, but I felt like I had to make it clear exactly how I feel about everything.

Thanks

Jason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:21 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Everybody has anxiety when talking to strangers, it's not specific to you. These are the baby steps right here. Either your drive to become a Pickup Artist will make you step out of your comfort zone and try it, or your anxiety and fear will keep you living the same unhappy mundane life-- in which case you didn't want to become a PUA as much as you initially thought. If you want to get better, then do the exercise. If you don't, then simply don't.

We as the community are here to guide you and act as moral support for you in your endeavors; however none of us can hold your hand and do it for you. What you gain from these forums and the extent of your improvement will be entirely up to you.

Good luck,
~Antithesis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:37 pm 

Quote:
Everybody has anxiety when talking to strangers, it's not specific to you. These are the baby steps right here. Either your drive to become a Pickup Artist will make you step out of your comfort zone and try it, or your anxiety and fear will keep you living the same unhappy mundane life-- in which case you didn't want to become a PUA as much as you initially thought. If you want to get better, then do the exercise. If you don't, then simply don't.

We as the community are here to guide you and act as moral support for you in your endeavors; however none of us can hold your hand and do it for you. What you gain from these forums and the extent of your improvement will be entirely up to you.

Good luck,
~Antithesis
Messages like these should be sent as PMs. Please keep the thread on topic, and keep the tangents to a minimum.