"Do One Thing A Day That Scares You" (Regularly Updated)

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Social Shyness & Anxiety

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:22 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Challenge 3 Completed, 4 Started ("Machiavellian Tactics")

[Youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yGJ9cbfYGw[/Youtube]

Gleaned from video draft…

“Why Sales Works:

“The amygdala fires a series of electrochemical reactions. These reactions, we subjectively perceive as pain. This pain persuades the emotional/logical brain to create an image of relief. Once the stimulus–the world–reflects this image, the body triggers into acquisitive behavior. Whether through force, Machiavellian tactics, or green slips of paper, we do what we can to achieve what’s been presented.”

“An Imperfect Example in Dating:
  • 1. Man's DNA-programmed reproductive process –>
    2. Man attempts to hit on girl –>
    3. Girl frowns at man –>
    4. Man's the “alphas will kill you" part of the brain explodes, causing pain –>
    5. His non-lizard, emotional/logical brain pictures “stay in car/home” –>
    6. Man stays in the car/home
    7. Man tenses with no repro... pain –>
    8. His Logo/Emo brain pictures how great it could feel fucking a beautiful woman –>
    9. Sees The Game… It shows how great it DOES feel fucking a beautiful woman... this stimulus has now triggered Man's acquisitive behavior –>
    10. Man pulls The Game off the shelf to the counter or clicks "Order Now";
    11. Man pulls out his wallet, his card or money from his wallet, then purchases
Today, I ask “What’s the reference structure for overwhelmingly believing that I now do what will most increase my comfort with the most difficult goal-progressing painful actions in the long run?” 80 times.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:12 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Challenge 4 Completed/5 Launch ("Two Types of Impurities")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... DEiPTheQqI

Note: This should help you in your own personal development process. I've been doing this shit for six years now--maybe it can save you some time.

3 points in this post: 1) To measure the disfort levels [sic] of tasks--scale of -15 to 15, 2) that I practice waking up 10 x today, 3) to explain why #2

Quick update on challenge disfort levels:

Cha. 1 had a disfort level of 7.
Cha. 2... a disfort of 8.
Cha. 3 was 4 for me.
Cha. 4, I place at a 2.

And speaking of Challenge 4, it took less than 3 minutes to complete. I recorded myself asking the question in Audacity. Then, I simply exported it, and played it back to myself at 4 x speed.

Effective? We'll see. Against the rules? Certainly not. But it will be if it doesn't work or provide at least SOME qualitative results.

Anyway... Not bad. But I think I need to rev the intensity a little bit. So...

For today, I decided to meditate for an hour. Instead of disfort, I felt comfort though. So... I'm going to see how this waking up 10 x thing goes.

Then, I'm going to judge whether I'll add something else to the disfort-induction mix.

But only then.

For clarity now, today's task is to practice waking up 10 x. In other words, I set my phone's alarm for 4 minutes ahead. Then, I slide under the covers, sleep for a bit, and then leap out of bed with a smile when the phone goes off.

I repeat this ten times today. And probably tomorrow. And the next day.

See you soon!

"There are two types of impurities: Good impurities and bad impurities. Dopants are the good guys. Contaminants are the bad guys." Rough transcription from Donald Sadoway. He's a prof over at MIT... I got this from a lecture on Solid State Chemistry.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:15 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Challenge 5 Completed/6 Complete ("The First 3 Hours")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... lq6Z9ABxL0

I lie in bed, hear my alarm go off, and feel the soft maroon carpet beneath my feet for the tenth time. At this point, the air feels warm.

I tug the waist of my jeans up around my feet and legs. Feeling the denim of my jeans slip up my shins, calves, and thighs, I hear myself think: I'm done :)

Note: As you read this, you'll already see the benefit. I had woken up today--at 8:48 (without an alarm). Sand immediately completed another challenge: I pull my legs together in a butterfly position, back pressed to the wall, and meditated for 61 minutes.

I stretch my groin muscles as I do this. Blue-white electricity funnels from either edge of my crotch to my thighs.

About 4 times I wanted to quit. But. I said, "5 more breaths. 5 more breaths. Just give it 5 more breaths."

And, you know what? I had inhaled 15 more deep breaths based on that. And, because I did this, I stayed in the same position for 61 minutes straight.

Not many people can do that.

And, get this: Pain comes in waves. And by waves, I mean that there are mountains you must scale up.

Every single time you experience a pain, it's always temporary. If you stay in for five more minutes,

Because, a lot of people feel pain when they're five yards from the top of the pain/pleasure hill. But, because they do the equivalent of looking directly down at their feet instead of directly in front of them... they decide it's pointless and turn downhill in reverse.

Which is stupid. All you need to do is look in front of you.

Look at how close the benefit of what you're trying to achieve is.

It's not always easy, but you can do it. That "easy, downhill success" IS there. You just have to get to the other side of the pain/pleasure mountain.

Hope this helps,
Aaron

("I have so much to do that I shall have to spend the first three hours in prayer" ~ Unverified quote of Martin Luther. This guy, by the way, bitched at the Catholic Church. He nailed a document on their door for making people pay to get out of Hell.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:36 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

A boy cries. His fists twist to his eyes as he sits with his right side pressed against the dirty, dusty grass.

Nobody will play with him... Nobody loves him

The blonde girl with a white shirt smiles. She step step step steps--chasing the popular kid, Cody. Caty, her name, turns heads like their necks were made of rubber.

To the right, a blonde blue-eyed kid helicopters an imaginary lightsaber. Bright sparks scatter in the imagination. His blue lightsaber clashes with another's purple lightsaber. The purple light saber cuts through the burgundy slide, leaving a black trail. The slide loses foundation, collapses.

Two yellow black-outlined butterflies flap beside each other. Above a metal fence, the two black-dotted yellow splotches enter. The messy, untrimmed, unnamed bush calls them. Feeling safe, they land there for the evening.

And the boy cries. The sun darkens the sky as it begins to set. A tear wettens and darkens the dusty dirt beneath him.

A little spark, not unlike a snowflake, drifts down. Sometimes wooshing left, doing a little spiral. Sometimes wooshing right, it glides down.

Until it lands... just on... his nose.

The boy takes inhales deeply, exhales. His breath stills. He doesn't know the snowflake's there, but his watery eyes widen. He smears his forearm across his snotty nose. Pressing his hand to the dirt, he pushes himself up.

Feeling his legs pull up from the dirt, specks of dirt speckle back to the Earth. Feeling his feet grip the ground, his spine elongates as he looks at the brown-haired cody, the kids playing jedis, the butterflies at the fence.

He smiles at this and returns his smile to Cody. And just as he smiles at Cody, the Caty stops in her tracks and turns her eyes square to the kid.

And the kid's eyes still water. But his chest clears. Standing tall and upright, A white golden orb rotated in his chest for the connectedness of the world.

He looks to the cool azure sky. Then, focusing back to the ground, 40 dark pupils circle on him. 20 kids circle around him, smiling, eyes dilate.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:53 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Motherfucker.

It's been a LOOOONG time since I've posted here.

Wow.

Post subject: vmate apk
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:30 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

锘?

vmate is definitely a software package that allows you to retrieve vmate shows and consequently songs through the Youtube, Metacafe, Vimeo, Soundcloud combined with of further typical multi media world-wide-web. this in turn request enables you to saving many motion pictures in addition songs of varied character. yup, you may review pretty much any fine quality associated video tutorials or maybe a background music that you need to. you get full hi-def (high-definition) vids below much too. All endorsed and working install url links are offered right here while don鈥檛 worry about that the least bit. It enable you to examine the taping solutions or possibly songs closely minus them to be vmate downloaded. best free download - vmate app.