Weight loss and attractiveness

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 50 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » PUA Lounge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:22 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Hi all,

Check out the before and after pictures of this chick:

http://www.prive.al/wp-content/uploads/ ... linda1.jpg
http://www.tekstevideo.com/img_upz/artp ... /14743.jpg

Her name is Lindita Halimi - she lost all that weight to audition for American Idol, and actually did really well - she was one round from making the top 24. She became so enthralled with the idea of getting fit that she's now a professional personal trainer.

It got me thinking that even in her before pic she didn't have a pretty face, and now, she's still kind of a butterface (but-her-face for those not in the know). But who cares? Seriously, is there a guy on earth who wouldn't bang her after seeing her in that bikini?

What it got me wondering is if "any" *guy* could get that hot just by working out. Take a guy like Zach Galfandaskis or whatever his name is (the pudgy guy from the Hangover series). Or for a few younger examples, Ruben Studdard, Jonah Hill, or Seth Rogen. If any or all of those guys hit the gym and got ripped, would they be as attractive to females as Lindita now is to guys?

Hope this sparks interesting conversation.

DTXCF.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:58 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

It's not that different for men.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:24 pm 

Almost any man who gets down to 8 - 10% bodyfat will be to the point where they aren't unattractive.

Get in shape, dress well, take care of acne, bad teeth, and other facial imperfections, get a cool haircut and stand up straight. You probably wont be bad looking.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:23 pm 
Dedicated Member

Pickup 101... are you not attracted to women with a nice body? Do you like women that have rolls on rolls stretching out their shirt at the waist? After consistently hitting the gym I am told by women often how good I look with my clothes off. "Scrumpcious", "yummy", etc.

But what's more is how you feel; I feel stronger, more masculine, and the gym clears my head esp after some dog shit days I've had.

It is somewhat more important for a girl, just due to biology. Men favor women (generally) that are in good reproductive health, they are the ones that have to carry the baby not us. Too muscular or too obese and a girl becomes less desirable. Men really don't have that same issue, we can get someone preg regardless. I have noticed women responded more to me being well dressed or being comfortable in my sexuality (showing off my body) ie demonstration of confidence. Again biologically speaking, it makes sense.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:00 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Just losing fat won't do that for a guy. A fat guy who loses fat, is still likely skinny, and while skinny is better than fat, it doesn't produce that sort of "wow" factor. A skinny, under muscled guy would basically be the male equivalent of this
Not anything as bad as her before picture, but not really something to inspire lust.

Your American Idol girl would have a male equivalent of something like this
That's certainly achievable for most people if they get lean and lift heavy and eat big for maybe 3 years. But it's a lot more work than it is for a girl, who basically just needs to stop being fat and get a boob job. The guy needs to lose weight, and then bust his ass for years.

RSDTyler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:13 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

FWIW I would happily bang that blonde. She's cute and has a nice tan.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:34 am 
PUA Forum Leader

The bar is lower than you think. No need to worry about looking like a Spartan from 300 - just don't stink, get a decent haircut, wear clothes you bought in the last couple years not 5 years ago, and be in decent shape.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:17 am 
Ask a mod for a custom title

2 years of proper lifting and dieting will get you from slob to highly attractive.

My in depth texting & dating guide.
There's no such thing as shit-tests.
How to keep a girl.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:19 pm 
The Coach

If you want girls licking their lips over you.... hit the gym, eat clean, and learn how to style yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:03 pm 

Quote:
As someone who gains weight to improve my lifts in the gym and then sheds the weight during the cutting process
Bro the bulk/cut cycle is best just for competing bodybuilders to hit a certain aesthetic on competition day and it fucks with your hormones according to HodgeTwins.

Body recomposition (slow and steady muscle gain and fat loss at the same time) is where it's at.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:10 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Recomping tends to be more difficult. There's really a lot of science behind slow bulking from a lean state.
If you really want to pack on muscle quickly, the best way is to get down to %9-10 body fat, and then start eating about 300-500 kcals over maintenance.
Quote:
Basically, your starting body fat percentage predicts the great majority of what you will lose/gain when you diet/overfeed.
So, when you diet, the fatter you are, the less LBM (and more fat) you will lose. Conversely, the leaner you are, the more LBM and less fat you will tend to lose when you diet.
In general, the same holds but in reverse: leaner individuals will tend to gain more LBM and less fat and fatter individuals will tend to gain more fat and less LBM.
When overfed, thin/lean individual will gain 60-70% lean body mass (LBM) while fat(>%15 BF) individuals may gain only 30-40% LBM.

As well, it seems empirically that once body fat gets to the 15% range or so for men, fat gains tend to accelerate during mass gaining phases. I suspect this is due to the development of systemic insulin resistance which causes calories to go into fat stores more readily. Keeping body fat levels below that may be helpful.

I should mention that there was always an anecdotal idea that mass gains were best with body fat about 10-12% body fat (for men, add 9-12% for women). While I had always dismissed this as being an excuse to stay fat, I suspect it’s probably close to correct. Based on what’s going on hormonally and physiologically at both low and higher body fat percentages, this may very well be a sweet spot for mass gaining. You’re fed and healthy enough to lift well and make gains but not so fat that other problems arise.

If you’re above 15% body fat (about 24-27% for women), diet first. If you can get to the 10-12% (19-24%) body fat range or so, I think you’ll be in an overall better position to gain mass.

After finishing your diet, regardless of how lean you get, take 2 weeks to eat at roughly maintenance calorie levels before starting your mass gaining phase. The reason has to do with the physiological adaptations to dieting.

Only try to add mass/bulk until you hit the top end body fat percentage around %13.
You *can* put on muscle while fatter, but you put on less muscle and more fat. The way guys can put 20-25lbs on in their first year(without steroids), is not from "lifting heavy and eating big", it's from being lean, eating somewhat more than they need, and just lifting, period.

It's really the easiest and quickest way. The other ways require more work, more time, and more money too(gaining more fat means you're wasting money on food you didn't need).

RSDTyler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:29 pm 
Ask a mod for a custom title

Quote:
Bro the bulk/cut cycle is best just for competing bodybuilders to hit a certain aesthetic on competition day and it fucks with your hormones according to HodgeTwins.

Body recomposition (slow and steady muscle gain and fat loss at the same time) is where it's at.
The HodgeTwins are comedians, not PT's as far as I know.

But anyway, how exactly can you gain muscle while losing fat at the same time unless you're a beginner in the gym?

My in depth texting & dating guide.
There's no such thing as shit-tests.
How to keep a girl.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:50 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
But anyway, how exactly can you gain muscle while losing fat at the same time unless you're a beginner in the gym?
You can. It's just highly non-optimized. And it's pretty brutal(especially compared to other ways). My friend Andre did that after he just totally let himself go for almost a year(he's around 145LBM at 5'8" so he's fairly trained). He put on like 25 lbs of fat. Started a modest cut(about 500 under maintenance), and was really hitting it hard 4x a week. He dropped all the fat, and at the end, he put on about 3 lbs of muscle and had an LBM of 148. It also took 6-7 months to gain those 3 lbs.

It can be done even among fairly trained people, but it's a LOT of work, for pretty modest gains. If he'd been lean and clean bulking, he'd have probably put on double that.

RSDTyler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:58 am 

Quote:
Ah I must have forgot to consult Youtube to determine my life choices.
lol
Quote:
Quote:
You can. It's just highly non-optimized. And it's pretty brutal(especially compared to other ways). My friend Andre did that after he just totally let himself go for almost a year(he's around 145LBM at 5'8" so he's fairly trained). He put on like 25 lbs of fat. Started a modest cut(about 500 under maintenance), and was really hitting it hard 4x a week. He dropped all the fat, and at the end, he put on about 3 lbs of muscle and had an LBM of 148. It also took 6-7 months to gain those 3 lbs.

It can be done even among fairly trained people, but it's a LOT of work, for pretty modest gains. If he'd been lean and clean bulking, he'd have probably put on double that.
I'm currently trying it through intermittent fasting, SPAM diet, and eating at maintenance or slight caloric surplus and I think it's working (very slowly, of course). It's really hard to stick to the diet plan, though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:51 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Intermittent fasting will do it, providing you're a long way from your true genetic potential. I'd much prefer to focus on one specifically, though. I'd rather get great results with one at a time rather than mediocre results with both... but I'm not saying my way is right.