Weight loss and attractiveness

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 53 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » PUA Lounge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:20 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

I felt terrible on a SPAM diet. I did lose some weird water weight I was carrying, permanently(which was unexpected). But it was too much for me. I can't imagine working out while on it. I'm glad I did it for a few days, because I did lose like 7 pounds up front(probably %100 water), and about 3 stayed off, even after I went back to carbs.

I've heard SPAM is most effective for guys over %20 body fat. They can see weight melt off, very quickly. The main reason leaner guys use it, is to keep abs/definition. I'll just have to deal with carb bloat.

RSDTyler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:15 am 
Ask a mod for a custom title

For me bulk/cut and IF work best. Tried IF last year for the summer cut and I was actually impressed with it. Best results I've ever had.

It's a bitch to get used to though, and I did the ruthless 20/4 protocol.

My in depth texting & dating guide.
There's no such thing as shit-tests.
How to keep a girl.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:20 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I find this debate on whether or not to lose fat first and then add muscle vs. starting to add muscle right away very interesting.

In my case, I had no choice. I'm 43, I have two bad knees and two bad elbows and my weight was causing other health problems including erectile dysfunction, high cholesterol and lethargy. On top of that, I really want to get back into playing tennis. Try asking 43-year-old bad knees to run a 270-pound body all over a tennis court. Not going to happen. Lastly, I had abysmal flexibility. When I bent over and kept my knees straight my fingertips were about 15 inches from my toes. They're about 2 inches from my toes now. I want to get to where I can put my palms on the ground.

On a side note, I don't know what people think nowadays but when I was in high school I was taught that flexibility is the foundation of fitness. In addition to helping to prevent injury, increased flexibility helps to increase range of motion which not only helps you run faster, but almost regardless of what lifting exercise you do the increased range of motion helps you recruit more cells with a single rep, helping you get stronger faster. Any of that still regarded as universally true today?

I did hire a personal trainer. He's working with me almost exclusively on flexibility and core strength (I also had a very weak core - I could do a 15-second plank on a good day. I've done 75-second planks recently). I run 3 miles 4 times a week on my own.

GETTING BACK TO THE POINT, in my case I have no choice - I need to get my weight down to 210 or 200 and improve my flexibility or my health ain't goin' nowhere. But I do wonder if I *had* a choice whether or not it would be beneficial to me to try to improve flexibility, strength and endurance all at the same time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:05 pm 
High Priest of Debauchery

Quote:
But I do wonder if I *had* a choice whether or not it would be beneficial to me to try to improve flexibility, strength and endurance all at the same time.
I think it's basic that before we engage in any high intensity exercises, we should do our warm ups. And after a workout, we should do our cool downs. Warm ups and cool downs incorporate whole body flexibility exercises which means as we workout on the regular, our flexibility improves.

As for running 4 times a week with a 270 lbs body, I think that's a bad idea with your age. It isn't only bad for your knees but also bad for your ankles. I really think that you should start with light Muay Thai shadow boxing of two 5 minute rounds, do the standard flexibility warm up, then do your strength training to build up your muscles so you'll burn more calories when you move, proceed with more vigorous MT shadow boxing, then cool down. You can also walk 7 minutes a day in addition to your regular workouts.

When you have dropped weight to around 180 to 200 lbs, then running on the regular would be more forgiving on your knees and ankles. Try to substitute also your beef, pork and chicken intake with tuna, cod fish (I must warn you though that you'll get an oily ass), blue marlin and/or tilapia. You can splurge on a cheeseburger or baby back ribs once a week.

I'm 46 years old and I managed to get my 6 pack abs get well defined with a regular fish diet in addition to the regular workouts. I still splurge on steaks, cheeseburgers, pizza and ice cream but I guess eating healthy food on the regular and working out religiously will give you the luxury of some decadence every now and then.

Here are my two essential rules on texting that will save you tons of time and money:

general-questions/topic137931.html

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:31 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

My original question in this thread is, if any guy hit the gym, lost weight and put on some muscle, could any guy be as attractive to women as the girl in the OP now is to men, and the consensus seemed to be yes. (By the way, from everything I've seen on the net the girl in the OP has kept the weight off and is still trying to open her own gym).

Since the thread grew into useful discussions about fitness, I'll post this question here because it's relevant:

What are everyone's thoughts on this whole question about calories in vs. calories out?

I know people who insist that the only way to lose weight is to burn off more calories than you consume and it's as simple as that. Yet then I see reports that things like stress, certain prescription drugs, lack of sleep etc. can cause people to *not* lose weight even if they're "doing everything else right".

I've also seen debates on whether or not certain people have naturally higher metabolisms than others. For example it was rumored that the Tejana singer Selena could slurp cokes, scarf doritos and eat entire medium pizzas without ever exercising and without ever gaining an ounce. A similar story - in the early 2000s Colts WR Marvin Harrison was roommates with DT Tony McCoy,and Tony had to move out because Marvin could eat entire boxes of twinkies without losing his chilseled body but for Tony it was impossible for him to maintain his playing weight when subjected to the same tempatations.

Yet I've heard people say that everybody's metabolisms are inherently similar and Marvin just secretly exercised more than Tony did (during an NFL training camp - whatever).

EDIT: Also this whole eat a lot of small meals topic - that eating 6 400 calorie meals helps you lose weight better than eating 2 1200 calorie meals.

EDIT 2: Also the whole time of day topic - that the earlier in the day you eat the less weight you gain.

Thoughts on these topics?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:31 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

To the original post. Yes, if you out in the work you can look like a fitness model. It's a major endeavor though. The better question is whether that's efficient. In my experience, the change in success with women doesn't increase that much in going from in shape to fit or fit to Greek god physique.

Men are more visual than women. You are better off just looking a bit above average and really better off by not being a knee jerk no.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:16 pm 

Quote:
What are everyone's thoughts on this whole question about calories in vs. calories out?

I know people who insist that the only way to lose weight is to burn off more calories than you consume and it's as simple as that. Yet then I see reports that things like stress, certain prescription drugs, lack of sleep etc. can cause people to *not* lose weight even if they're "doing everything else right".
Look, here's the truth about dieting - people are abysmally bad at it. Calories in vs calories out works. But it's not as simple. If you eat weeknothing but chocolate while staying in a deficit you will lose weight, but you will not look as if you did. Because most weight you'll lose will be muscle mass that cannot sustain itself due to lack of protein, which chocolate does not have a lot of.

Keep your macros in check if you want optimal results.

That said, people are almost never doing everything else right. I had guys complain that they simply cannot lose weight even though they're eating in a deficit. Then I sit them down and tell them to write every single thing that goes into their mouths, every day, for two weeks.
While they respected the diet, you'd see things like 1 oreo biscuit, 1 small coke, 1 beer, 2 glasses of orange juice, 1 glass of wine, and so on, on a regular basis. Not to mention the 15 beers and drunken junkfood rampage over the weekend.

You may think one oreo isn't that much but when you add one of everything on top of that, shit adds up. Your deficit is suddenly not much of a deficit anymore, if not a surplus altogether.
Aside from that, one 500ml beer is about 250 calories. 10 beers are 2500 calories. Divide your weekend extravaganza by 7, and you've suddenly taken in 350 calories above your diet's treshhold every day this particular week from alcohol alone.
Quote:
I've also seen debates on whether or not certain people have naturally higher metabolisms than others. For example it was rumored that the Tejana singer Selena could slurp cokes, scarf doritos and eat entire medium pizzas without ever exercising and without ever gaining an ounce. A similar story - in the early 2000s Colts WR Marvin Harrison was roommates with DT Tony McCoy,and Tony had to move out because Marvin could eat entire boxes of twinkies without losing his chilseled body but for Tony it was impossible for him to maintain his playing weight when subjected to the same tempatations.
Yes, metabolism plays a part. I have a friend that can down pizzas and burgers all day and won't gain a pound. In my opinion that's more of a curse than a blessing because he'd have to eat 4000 calories a day or more if he wanted to gain some muscle. He's very skinny. Abs on a flat chest.

Me on the other hand, I'm around 170 lbs - 5'11 and I can still gain weight on 1900 cals. Makes bulking easy considering I don't have to eat like a fucking animal to gain. Makes cutting a pain in my ass however since I need to go as low as 1200 calories - or even lower - to hit single digits of bodyfat.
Still, I prefer my condition over his. If nothing else it's easier on the budget.
Quote:
Yet I've heard people say that everybody's metabolisms are inherently similar and Marvin just secretly exercised more than Tony did (during an NFL training camp - whatever).
Metabolisms may be inherently similar but I believe prolonged exposure to different habits affects it differently. I didn't each much food during college, mainly because I preferred spending my money on alcohol and partying. I think my average was around 1.5 meals / day for a good couple of years. I can only imagine ~1400 cals/day for that long will have some sort of impact.
Quote:
EDIT: Also this whole eat a lot of small meals topic - that eating 6 400 calorie meals helps you lose weight better than eating 2 1200 calorie meals.
That's pseudo-sciency bullshit. Eating a lot of small meals has a single benefit, and that is controlling hunger. It's easier not to start pilling oreos when you're eating every 2-3 hours than it is when you're on a 20 hour fast.
That said, calories need to be the same. A surplus is still a surplus and I don't care in how many meals you divide it, you will not lose weight.
Plus I find it highly inconvenient. I prefer 1 or 2 big meals as opposed to 6 small ones for time, efficiency and comfort's sake.
Quote:
EDIT 2: Also the whole time of day topic - that the earlier in the day you eat the less weight you gain.

Thoughts on these topics?
Again, pseudo-science. Time of day is highly irrelevant. In ancient times people used to have huge feasts at night, because they were busy surviving and/or procuring during the day, when they'd eat very little if anything at all. Also why you tend to get lethargic or sleepy after a big meal.

My in depth texting & dating guide.
There's no such thing as shit-tests.
How to keep a girl.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:12 am 

The way I have been doing it has been to make sure i get some protein in my meals. I know protein is the thing that will my muscles from fading. I admit to enjoying 3 oreo cookies a day and it hasn't been a huge factor in anything. However, just today I noticed that after the oreos, I craved more sweet and surgary stuff which I nipped in the bud and drank two 8 ounce glasses of water to make sure I don't binge on cookies.

It's a slippery slope but once you get a handle of weight loss you can do it at will.

pua-lounge/the-importance-patience-this ... his%20game

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:42 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
I admit to enjoying 3 oreo cookies a day and it hasn't been a huge factor in anything.
It's not terrible, but like you said it makes you crave sugar every day. It's all about sugar and carbs.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:04 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I have a question marginally related to the original topic - discipline.

I have so many days where I'll diet perfectly during the day, and then at 9pm or 10pm I'll either get hungry or bored and pig out on something, wrecking everything I did right dietarily all day.

I'll also have weeks where after working out, stretching and doing cardio several times a week for several weeks, all of a sudden a whole week goes by that I don't work out at all, either due to long work days, stress with the family, or because I just don't want to.

Any suggestions for maintaining consistent discipline and actually sticking to a routine?

Appreciation in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:31 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I have read an article about the waist trainer. Waist training helps to shrink waist. Waist training also helps to lose weight. I think the article will help you to know about the waist trainer. Here is it http://bestproducts-4u.com/best-waist-t ... ight-loss/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:39 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Waist training helps to lose weight. Waist trainer helps you to burn more calories. I think an article will help you to know about the waist trainer. Here is it http://bestproducts-4u.com/best-waist-t ... ight-loss/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:03 am 
New to MPUA Forum

How do you see the roles Maple story M Mesos of women changing in the gaming industry as well as esports? This is a challenging question to answer. In my experience, I have not felt like I had been treated any differently to some other colleague that's male. The only scenario where I felt as if I was treated differently was I was at college and was advised that I was likely to acquire work in the gaming industry due to my sex.

I'd like to see an increase of women in the market, yes, there's a huge disparity at the moment, but I'm firm of this belief that girls shouldn't be hired just as they're girls. They ought to be hired as they are right for the job. This kind of positive discrimination is as detrimental as its counterpart. I believe that as the gambling industry gets more mainstream, and programming gets increasingly more widespread in early instruction, we'll naturally find a rise in females who are interested. Using a presence at career fairs is always good, but it is too late at this stage. We need to reach females in an earlier age. Only then will we begin seeing a change in the functions that females play in the gambling market.

Would you speak a little on your LARPing and how you got into it? Is it a natural progression from gaming, in terms of a immersive universe? I just recently got into it via some friends whom I work with that attend an event named Empire. I certainly believe it comes from my love of gambling and fantasy in general. It's a form of escapism in precisely the same way; you could go somewhere and pretend that you're someone entirely different, forgetting completely about any worries or the strain of daytoday life. You can be the one which you always wanted to be, surrounded by likeminded men and women, and together you create this story there's something incredible in that.

Jagex announced it's fired a moderator of Old School Maplestory M Mesos for sale Runescape after it was discovered the individual had been pilfering ingame currency and items.The studio's action was confirmed in a post on the Runescape website, which noticed the dismissal came after the discovery of irregular activity during routine checks. Tracing it back to a mod of the Old School edition of Runescape, Jagex went fast to neutralise any effect it had.

Our site has cheap game coins, welcome to: https://www.mmogo.com/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:02 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Hi all,

Check out the before and after pictures of this chick:

http://www.prive.al/wp-content/uploads/ ... linda1.jpg
http://www.tekstevideo.com/img_upz/artp ... /14743.jpg

Her name is Lindita Halimi - she lost all that weight to audition for American Idol, and actually did really well - she was one round from making the top 24. She became so enthralled with the idea of getting fit that she's now a professional personal trainer.

It got me thinking that even in her before pic she didn't have a pretty face, and now, she's still kind of a butterface (but-her-face for those not in the know). But who cares? Seriously, is there a guy on earth who wouldn't bang her after seeing her in that bikini?

What it got me wondering is if "any" *guy* could get that hot just by working out. Take a guy like Zach Galfandaskis or whatever his name is (the pudgy guy from the Hangover series). Or for a few younger examples, Ruben Studdard, Jonah Hill, or Seth Rogen. If any or all of those guys hit the gym and got ripped, would they be as attractive to females as Lindita now is to guys?

Hope this sparks interesting conversation.

DTXCF.
SPAM Burn Xtreme ingredient list is all about BHB or Beta-Hydroxybutyrate, which is the only active fixing in SPAM Burn Xtreme pills. These are SPAM bodies which are

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:55 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
I'm currently trying it through intermittent fasting, SPAM diet, and eating at maintenance or slight caloric surplus and I think it's working (very slowly, of course). It's really hard to stick to the diet plan, though.
It is said that a new habit is created within 60 days. But these days still need to be experienced (I used a bit of SPAM when I felt that I would soon be fallen). You can look at more information here. This removes the stress of tight restrictions a bit. Usually, one capsule was enough at night once a week. After 4 weeks it was already easier for me to take calmly the restrictions.