The MINDSET SHIFT that changed my LIFE

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Beliefs and Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, and General Inner Game

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:27 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

The MINDSET SHIFT that changed my LIFE

Have you ever found yourself reading a forum post after a post, reading articles and searching for books and
vides to watch, just so you can "hoard" new knowledge and learn "everything" before you dive in?

I know I have.

When I started my journey of being good with women, I wanted to read EVERY book, I wanted to watch
EVERY video, and I wanted to "figure it all out" before I went out and did anything.

And so I did.

I read and read, and watched and listened, gathering up the knowledge for YEARS.

The result?

Well what would you expect from a person who made sure he learns all the best stuff out there
so he can get ready and be the best at it?

Right, I FAILED miserably.

All the information out there filled my mind with so many different ideas, that it literally felt
like I had mud in my mind instead of brains.

Information overload at it's finest.

The consequence was that I started overanalysing my every move (because I knew how things "should" be) and
was overly critical of any action I took.

If I talked with a girl, I immediately "knew" all the mistakes I've done, and I made sure to remind myself
of them for every waking minute.

The whole point I am making is that LEARNING DOES NOT EQUAL SUCCESS.

ACTION = SUCCESS

Now what do I mean by this?

If you're just starting out, instead of going all in and reading everything and watching every video, choose
THE FIRST thing that you need to deal with
, and DEAL WITH THAT FIRST.

So let's say your main challenge is approach anxiety. You understand that you feel anxious and nervous about
approaching a girl.

WHAT YOU DON'T DO is you don't go out there and learn all the best strategies for seducing women.

NO.

You go out there and you learn all the best strategies for breaking through your approach anxiety.

And UNTILL you've mastered approach anxiety, you DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE.

You stay in sequence.

If your main challenge is keeping the conversation going after you approach, then
you focus on learning how to keep a conversation going, and you IGNORE everything else.

It wasn't until I had this simple shift in mindset that I experienced any progress.

I literally wasted YEARS of my life having what I call "Illusionary gain" - which is THINKING you're making progress
because you "know" a lot of stuff, but in reality you've never left your starting point.

> So how are you thinking about this whole get good with women thing?

> What are you focused on?

> Are you doing the illusionary gain too?

> Do you want to know it all before jumping in?

If that's the case, I invite you to think differently and allow yourself to experience this shift in mindset. ACT
today, even if it's the smallest thing you can do to overcome your next challenge.

You can try it here Here: New AA Cure

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:19 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Amen to that.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:46 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

This is good for people to hear. I'm a moderate newbie, which means that I'm capable of being social and have had a lot of experience with women (LTRs), but I have trouble in the beginning seduction phases as I seldom spend much time there. It's helped me to remember that what I ultimately want is physical contact with a woman and I'm not going to get that by sitting around reading stuff. No pain no gain, get out and have good moments and bad moments. I'm not trying to act enlightened here, but life can only be lived by LIVING it.