In what ways did martial arts improved your self-esteem?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Inner Game » Beliefs and Confidence Building, Self-Esteem, and General Inner Game

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:09 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Recently I'm thinking of picking up a martial art due to improve my body language (hopefully somehow practicing martial arts will make me look/stand more confident). So I'm just wondering: in what way did your inner and outer game improved by practicing martial arts?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:14 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Don't do martial arts to gain confidence with women. It's useful to keep you in shape and to reassure you that you could defend yourself if need be. If you want to be successful with women, there are no shortcuts.

Keep your back straight, shoulders back, head up, strong eye contact, hit the gym and start talking to everyone you meet to build your social skills. Martial arts are useless if you still lack social confidence. I do it for fun and to keep me active. I also find gyms very boring.

If the idea of approaching a male stranger and starting up a conversation with him seems scary or seemingly impossible to you, you need to work on this first before you start approaching women. Build up your confidence. Baby steps.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:28 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Martial arts won't improve your body language, but it will improve your physical fitness and make you more alpha. If you can confidently say "I won a martial arts competition last weekend", this will demonstrate higher value and make you a more well rounded person. Bodybuilding is probably preferable if you're merely trying to appear physically fit, though.

Source: 3 black belts in different styles of fighting, 2 wins in cage fights.

My #1 MONEY line to pull sets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkHjnZgCP18 (0:25)

Stop being "perfect." It's time to evolve.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:58 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

I disagree with the previous two posters. There is much more to martial arts than "being alpha" and impressing people with your physical prowess or accomplishments, and practicing martial arts can help your social skills and lessen anxiety. There is carryover from martial arts to "inner game" and how one thinks. That said, I'm not sure if I would enroll simply to improve body language, but to develop confidence and change your way of thinking in a way that will have you assume better posture and body language naturally. Try it out, and see if you're into it. If it's not your thing, do something else. Don't get into it just because it will purportedly help you get better at "game" if it's something that you don't enjoy doing.

Two of the best things I ever got from sparring were a zen-like quality of focus and a decrease in emotional reactivity. When you enter into a fight, you have to know that win or lose you are GOING to get punched, most likely in the face, multiple times. You need to stop focusing on getting hit and start focusing on what your next moves are, based upon the interaction between you and your opponent. Sparring can get you "out of your head" and into your body. That state of mind is tremendously useful in other facets of life, including women, business, and friendships.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:09 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Update on this thread- once you get good at this pua stuff, guys will get jealous and try to physically intimidate you. Knowing martial arts is great because once you get to a high level, it's so easy to beat up any random punk on the street. Having a core confidence that you can take any wanna be alpha male who gets jealous because the girls like you will increase overall confidence, which is necessary to be good at pickup. I think that my martial arts background has prevented more fights than its started, because guys can see that I'm not even slightly afraid and I never back down or act like a chump.

My #1 MONEY line to pull sets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkHjnZgCP18 (0:25)

Stop being "perfect." It's time to evolve.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:15 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
There is much more to martial arts than "being alpha" and impressing people with your physical prowess or accomplishments, and practicing martial arts can help your social skills and lessen anxiety. There is carryover from martial arts to "inner game" and how one thinks.

This is SOOOOO fucking true. Listen, martial arts alone will not get you girls but it will improve your ability to relax around others and the confidence thing.....your confidence will literally skyrocket. You know that fight or flight feeling you get when your about to scrap that makes you hella nervous? Guess what? The nervous feeling you get when talking to a women...IT'S THE SAME SHIT! Only a different situation. But in the 7 months Iv'e been training my ability to talk to women and not give a fuck has improved tremendously. I expect and rejection like I do taking a physical blow. Sometimes I'll get hit. It's inevitable. But guess what sometimes I do the hitting AKA It'll eventually work with practice. Another good thing is women for the most part will feel protected when in your presence which is another upside for you my friend!!!

It helps your confidence and relaxes you, which in turn will help your game IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:21 am 
PUA Forum Leader

I used to grow up skinny, with very poor body language (Shoulders slouched, head down).

Then I took up Marshall Arts - specifically Muay Thai.

And I have to tell you, in couple of months my body language changed completely. There is something about
pumping those push-ups, back-ups, sit-ups and punching the bag that pull your body into a natural position.

Also, one of the biggest advantages to training Marshall Arts, was that now I was
feeling more comfortable in my own body.

I lost a lot of nervous ticks, and general nervousness and anxiety from my body. I was A LOT less anxious, tense
or fearful.

But one of the biggest things i'd say i got in terms of confidence was the pure confidence with other guys. I was
a lot more relaxed, more talkative, less in my head and felt more equal to them than before.

So I'm talking from personal experience, if you want to, go and DO MARSHAL ARTS as soon as possible, and try
to do it for at least a year.

You'll see amazing changes after the first 2 months, and it's all better from then on.

You can try it here Here: New AA Cure

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:10 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Recently I'm thinking of picking up a martial art due to improve my body language (hopefully somehow practicing martial arts will make me look/stand more confident). So I'm just wondering: in what way did your inner and outer game improved by practicing martial arts?
Great choice! that will improve your body so much. I've been practicing martial arts for a couple of years and still going strong. Read this if you don't know where to start https://www.previousmagazine.com/mikhai ... w-to-start