Building stamina?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Health & Fitness

Post subject: Building stamina?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:22 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey guys!

I'm looking for ways to increase my stamina when I'm training at the gym, and when I'm at my MMA class during shark tanking that we do :)

JP

Just from learning small parts here, I've come a long way for me!

Post subject: Re: Building stamina?
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:45 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

To boost your stamina it's important to eat healthy food and stay hydrated, and comply strength-building exercises (weightlifting and body weight exercises). Just make time in your schedule for regular exercise!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:58 am 

Just monitor your heart rate when you do cardio, you could either train aerobically or anaerobically depending on your aim. You can also do high intensity interval training involving resistance if you plan to do anaerobic training.

Just endurance in general though can be worked on simply with some cardio and you paying attention to your heart rate and holding it at an aerobic level. (this level is dependent on age/sex)

Cardio is an interesting thing, because the more fit you get, the harder it becomes until you realize you are practically sprinting for an entire hour just to reach 150bpm.

Just keep at it and monitor that heart! Good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:02 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

It depends on what you're building stamina for and what you're willing to lose in exchange for stamina.

If all you want is stamina and you're fine with losing strength in exchange for stamina you can do a marathon runners workout. This will give you the sorta body where you can run and keep on running and running using minimal energy basically, but you're not as strong as you could be.

If you want stamina to do MMA cage fights it's a different story. A marathon runner is running about 10 miles a day in preparation to go and run 26 at once. MMA fighters and boxers are trying to have stamina to take a hit and keep on standing.

A good method for boxing and mma is to do exercises in rounds. Say you're in a league with 3'00" rounds and 5 rounds with a 1'00" break between rounds each match. A great way to build up stamina for that is to go work on the heavy bag for 3'00" as hard as you can, take a 1'00" break, then move on to the next workout for 3'00" with 1'00" breaks inbetween at the start. Then push it up to eventually 5'00" rounds.

I did track n field, wrestled, played soccer, football, and tennis. These sports have different stamina requirements. I'll cover what I did to prepare for each and why they are different also their similarities.

Track n field, my first sport.
I competed in the 800m dash, 400m dash, 4x400m relay and long jump [which required less work and took less out of me at an event]. At a meet I was going to competitively sprint full speed for 800m [400mx2] and at about 70% full speed for 800m and then jump as far as I could 3 times.

To build stamina for this I did a lot of sprints and ran miles. For the 400m dash sprinting 600m's and giving it your all will build stamina for running 400m. For the 800m you need to run 1600m [a mile+100m basically] intervals along with 300m, 200m, and 100m sprints to prepare for it. Basically you need to balance so that you can sprint hard and fast but you also have the stamina to keep going. In order to prepare for a meet where I was going to do 3 physically demanding events I had to work out pretty hard monday-thursday and then friday was a pretty light workout and we ate a lot of pasta and carbs to store up some energy so when our event came about on saturday were had the energy to burn for our races.

storing up energy the day before the event is a pretty common thing in terms of stamina.

Soccer.
45 minutes halves with a 20 minute break in between them. For 45 minutes you are sprinting, jogging, but sometimes just standing in place or walking. To prepare for this we'd do a drill where you have to make it to the end of the field and back 20 times in 20 minutes because you're likely going to have to do that in the game anyway. We ran on 4 mile runs everyday and did 20 40 yard dashes as well as 10 full field sprints each practice. I personally would go and go 30 more full field sprints, and run 3 more miles when practice was over and I never sat on the bench because I was never tired enough to need to. This is a bit different than track because it's not a specific amount you'll be sprinting each game trying to beat your last time as much as a utility to make it to the ball or a place you're needed on the field and you're also getting knocked down.

Football.
We practiced sprints full field and 40 yard dashes. 40 because you're likely never going to need to run more than that in a game. We occasionally would run a mile or 2, but distance running isn't as important in a sport where you take a break and get some rest after ever play and then even more rest when someone scores or there's a turn over. So, the main thing was to practice taking and giving a hit and sprints to increase stamina with about 5 miles ran a day... nothing major.

Wrestling...
This is a very different kinda stamina than track, tennis, and soccer. We ran for timed runs of 30 minutes to be able to endure doing something for a set time, like the match time. We also slammed ourselves on the mat to get used to being slammed on the mat.

Tennis.
like basketball this is mostly about doing sprints. In practice it was sprints and suicides. Cause in a match you get a small break between each point but it's mostly just suicides the game.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:10 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

When I was training to become a boxer, the most beneficial technique in the weight room was circuits with minimal rest periods. Increase the length/reps/weight of the circuit while decreasing the rest period as stamina increases. Ideally you you want to choose compound exercises and work all muscle groups.

Example (adjust weight and reps to your level of fitness):

10 Wide Grip Pull Ups
10 DB/BB Bench Press
10 DB Shoulder Press
10 DB/BB Curls
10 Dips
10 Box Jumps
10 BD/BB Squats
25 sit ups
25 reverse sit ups

2 minute rest interval, and do the above 3 times

Alternatively heavy lifting followed by High Intensity Interval Cardio is another great method.

5 x 5 method and pyramid training are great examples

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:56 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Its great post and help me a lot. please keep continue posting articles on your great site.
free gift card code generator and free gift card code generator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:51 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Women want men with big penises. That's the harsh reality of it and there is nothing we can Delta Prime do about what they want. No matter how many times a women lies to you to build your self-esteem they prefer bigger penises.
Never Put Anything IN Your Delta Prime Body To Enlarge Your Penis - Obviously, the method I'm referring to are Male Enhancement pills. These companies that sell pills will tell you loud and clear until they are blue in the face how great their pills are, but yet they very discreetly tell you that there are a mountain of side-effects and danger (there have been several reports of dangerous ingredients detected in Delta Prime pills) that comes a long with taking pills. Also, this is another option that is very ineffective by the way.

https://www.SPAM.com/delta-prime-reviews/
https://sites.google.com/site/SPAM/delta-prime