no weight loss in 9 days

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 7 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Health & Fitness

Post subject: no weight loss in 9 days
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:32 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I was consistently losing a pound or a little more a week for last 6 weeks but now I haven't lost a single pound in 9 days and im on 1500 cals a day with running off around 300 of those a day, should I lower my calories or just keep going and wait? I know theres a chance im building muscle because of the running but I don't wana blame that as feel like that is cheating

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:37 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Its hard to say, you should really keep track of weight and bf% (get a scale that calculates that). A lot of weight at first will be water weight as well as differences in food in your system.
Keep the diet as is and keep working out man, you'll get there. Its not a sprint.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:32 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

its hard to say but if your talking about the 1500 calorie diet thats been going around -ive just recently heard of it.

and it states to take ur weightx12 for example

to loose 1 lb a week = 1900 lbs
to loose 2lbs a week = 1400 calories

if ur just doing 1500 calories that looks like what a 125 lb person would eat. then ur think and id say uve hit a threshold.

try adding to the workout then. again we dont know ur estimates. but the normal average workout that doctors came up with is an average is running a mile every other day

so first take ur weightx12 get the ammount and thats what u should be eating daily to maintain that weight

if that ammount happens to be say like 1800 then subtract the 300 uve been working out and ull se why ur maintaining the same weight ie 1800 means 150 lbs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:17 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

2 possibilities:
1. You could be gaining muscle and loosing fat hence staying the same weight. That is why its more important to pay attention to body composition as apposed to pounds lost. However this is unlikely. Unless your not doing High Intenesity (HIT) running, you will be burning your fast twitch muscle fibres which are the ones that grow quickest, add the most weight, and burn the most calories.

2. The more likely option is that the 1500 calories is the number of calories being burnt by your body each day to sustain your life. This includes your Resting Metabolic Rate (the calories used by your body every day to function), and the jogging and any other activity your doing on top.

I'm a professional weight loss coach and recommend based on experience that you do the following:

Exercise
Stop Running and start strength training. Why?
* Cardio is not the most effective way to loose weight.
* Steady rate cardio (walking/running/cycling) requires the use of slow twitch muscle fibers. Fast twitch muscle fibers (that grow quicker, bigger and thus burn more calories) are not necessary and become a burden for your body, which results in them being burnt. As a result, your Resting Metabolic Rate decreases and you burn less calories (and thus less body fat).
* In 45 minutes of jogging you might burn 300 calories (not 300 more than your RMR). The average man will burn 105 calories asleep in this time. Therefore you have only burnt 195 calories more than a man with the same RMR in his sleep. Time well spent?

1.Weight/strength training increases metabolism and burns fat post-workout:
* During strength training your body burns carbs for energy.
* After training your body burns body-fat for a whole host of functions.
* After aerobic exercise (walking), your metabolism returns to normal almost straight away.
* Engaging in this type of training keeps your metabolism raised for up to 48 hours post-workout.

2. More muscle = more calories burnt:
* Strength training builds muscle.
* Muscle burns calories to maintain itself.
* The more muscle you have, the higher your RMR and the more calories you burn.

*If you don't go to the gym, do body weight exercises, they are just as effective and can be done in your home without equipment.
*Exercise 3-5 times a week depending on time available
*Exercise for up to 45 minutes at at time, no more.
*Focus on different muscle groups each day. E.g a day for chest and triceps, a day for leg day. This prevents you from over training.

Nutrition
The most important factor by far is your nutrition. This can make or break your diet.
Are you eating enough protein?
Are you eating too many carbs?
Are you eating the right kind of fats?
I assume you already have a nutrition plan but this is most likely where your going wrong.

What is your body weight and your body type (endo, ecto, meso)?
If you let me know I will tell how many macro-nutrients you should be eating a day to optimize your weight loss.

Mercutio18

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:16 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

don't worry about it yet man, it's just coincidence. I go 2 weeks without dropping a lb then all of a sudden i'll drop 3 out of no where. Try a re-feed, if it doesn't work do more cardio.

@guy above me... do you even lift?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:25 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I often times plateu during cutting and working out...try switching up your workout routine, more cardio, higher reps//less weight for a week keep at it man....nothing in lifes thats worth a damn comes easy!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:20 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

AOL: RedDeliciousSOUL
Any guy looking to lose weight is a FAGGOT

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:24 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
2 possibilities:
1. You could be gaining muscle and loosing fat hence staying the same weight. That is why its more important to pay attention to body composition as apposed to pounds lost. However this is unlikely. Unless your not doing High Intenesity (HIT) running, you will be burning your fast twitch muscle fibres which are the ones that grow quickest, add the most weight, and burn the most calories.

2. The more likely option is that the 1500 calories is the number of calories being burnt by your body each day to sustain your life. This includes your Resting Metabolic Rate (the calories used by your body every day to function), and the jogging and any other activity your doing on top.

I'm a professional weight loss coach and recommend based on experience that you do the following:

Exercise
Stop Running and start strength training. Why?
* Cardio is not the most effective way to loose weight.
* Steady rate cardio (walking/running/cycling) requires the use of slow twitch muscle fibers. Fast twitch muscle fibers (that grow quicker, bigger and thus burn more calories) are not necessary and become a burden for your body, which results in them being burnt. As a result, your Resting Metabolic Rate decreases and you burn less calories (and thus less body fat).
* In 45 minutes of jogging you might burn 300 calories (not 300 more than your RMR). The average man will burn 105 calories asleep in this time. Therefore you have only burnt 195 calories more than a man with the same RMR in his sleep. Time well spent?

1.Weight/strength training increases metabolism and burns fat post-workout:
* During strength training your body burns carbs for energy.
* After training your body burns body-fat for a whole host of functions.
* After aerobic exercise (walking), your metabolism returns to normal almost straight away.
* Engaging in this type of training keeps your metabolism raised for up to 48 hours post-workout.

2. More muscle = more calories burnt:
* Strength training builds muscle.
* Muscle burns calories to maintain itself.
* The more muscle you have, the higher your RMR and the more calories you burn.

*If you don't go to the gym, do body weight exercises, they are just as effective and can be done in your home without equipment.
*Exercise 3-5 times a week depending on time available
*Exercise for up to 45 minutes at at time, no more.
*Focus on different muscle groups each day. E.g a day for chest and triceps, a day for leg day. This prevents you from over training.

Nutrition
The most important factor by far is your nutrition. This can make or break your diet.
Are you eating enough protein?
Are you eating too many carbs?
Are you eating the right kind of fats?
I assume you already have a nutrition plan but this is most likely where your going wrong.

What is your body weight and your body type (endo, ecto, meso)?
If you let me know I will tell how many macro-nutrients you should be eating a day to optimize your weight loss.

Mercutio18

Well stated mercutio!

I second this :D

http://www.1GirlDaily.com
and
http://www.Facebook.com/BradHoliday01

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:30 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

You're doing fine, I wouldn't look too much into it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:08 am 
New to MPUA Forum

As the above poster commented, your better off adding in Strength training to build lean body mass. The more of LBM you have, the better your metabolism gets. Full body training w/ compound movements works really well.

Ive decided to cut some fat off me this summer, ended up losing 35lbs in 3 months doing this and at my leanest Ive ever been. The two articles below will really help you out and get the point across.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_art ... f_fat_loss

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/8-wks ... jb-results

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:13 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Website: https://www.facebook.com/HowtoGetaGirlfriendFreeEbook
its hard to say but if your talking about the 1500 calorie diet thats been going around -ive just recently heard of it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:47 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

AOL: RedDeliciousSOUL
Like I said. Any guy looking to lose weight is a FAGGOT.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:53 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Most of your results can be found from just dieting properly, man. If you count your calories and have a good workout routine, you should be losing weight (unless your hormones are seriously out of whack).

In addition to this, you can try a few other things that might be helpful:
-Drink 1 shot of Apple Cider Vinegar per day
-Do intermittent fasting
-Try High Intensity Interval Training

All those things have been proven to be really good for fat loss. If you want to really up your game though, you can try some supplements like SARMs or pro-hormones (I'm a fitness model and they work wonders).

Try checking out this Proven Peptides Review and reading up on some of the Best SARMs. Obviously check with your doctor first, but as an insider secret, the truth is most of us are on some type of stuff ;)