Mental nutrition.

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Health & Fitness

Post subject: Re: Mental nutrition.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:57 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Eh "Holes in your brain" not literal but it is more of a visual description to let you know what you're in for.
Yeah natural stuff is obviously safer, but I haven't heard of anyone having damage with supplements. Modafinil / provigil is ok stuff I know people who have benefited greatly these supplements but you run the risk of minor side effects - so do your research.

It's all about what you want to do. Read reviews and if you feel ok trying something then try it. If the natural stuff isn't working and you're still in "a fog," I'd recommend consulting your doctor about these supplements.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:09 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

darkeyes, I don't practice a specific type of meditation. I do what feels right for me. Right now, when I meditate, I sit down and try to dis-identify and become conscious of thoughts (emotions and other things too) as objects, so I could see them from a perspective and not be led by them. I think it's called mindfulness, no? I'm not sure.

I'll just write down what I got from the stuff you guys gave me:
Nootropics = eggs, dark chocolate, milk, bananas (most fruit), salt water fish = good. I think this list is correct.
Healthy teas = good.
Reading books = good. Oh, right, slight note on this and meditation, I've already read most Eckhart Tolle books, so I'm currently reading a book called "Jon Kabat-Zinn - Wherever You Go, There You Are" it's about meditation, some of the things I actually use in my practice.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:35 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

hows that meditation technique working for you?? Meditation isn't as much about "trying" as it is observing. in fact if you said to any meditation teacher "im trying" they'd probably chuckle because thats what a lot of people see meditation as, a doing, trying to get somewhere or trying to attain this or get rid of that, which isn't meditation. even I do that still from time to time. and it's not about getting it perfect or doing it right like we try so hard with everything else either lol. meditation is like the opposite in a sense of everything we do in our lives. from doing mode to being mode.

and you could follow your breathe, and as thoughts and emotions come in, you see them for what they are, thoughts etc, let them go, and return to the breathe, thats basic mindfulness im pretty sure. Eventually you'll see your mind probably has a certain pattern in the way it thinks, or certain emotions that keep recurring which is a good thing to notice because then you realize, "ohh, it's a pattern". If you read that jon kabat zinn book maybe he includes a guided practice. I've heard of that book.

Yes, but nootropics are drugs not food lol

Anything is good pretty much - fruit, vegetables, meat. You don't need to buy expensive fish all the time (unless it's not expensive, it is where i live sometimes), and stay away from farmed fish = GMO = not good.

and do what interests you dude. whatever your hobbies are do that, hobbies make people happy lol. i know it sounds like a no brainer but there was a point in time where i kind of stopped doing the things that i used to love doing and made me happy or made me laugh, whatever it was, so whatever that may be, make time for that. be sure to make time for that. those are the things that keep you balanced.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:47 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Lately, I've noticed it helps if you stop believing your own thoughts and just seeing them as they are in meditation. This disbelief seems helpful. I'm not really "trying" anything, I'm just letting things be and watch where they should fit by what they are, if there's anything wrong I do interfere at some points. I feel like meditating this way is somewhat helpful to my sanity, I actually feel calmer just by knowing how to "be" this way, even though I'm not "being" this way all the time.

I don't like drugs, honestly, the only "drugs" I trust are vitamins and omega-3 oils and only if I know how they work and/or what's in them exactly.

Lately, I've had the same "pooching myself out" issue again. I don't have enough time and I try to do everything that I think I have to do every day, I took today off (I'm self-employed as a poker pro and a newbie web designer) to rest. The only hobbies I have are playing LoL and dancing (for now), but I can't dance at my home because of my neighbors so I just stick to playing LoL.
I remember when I first started playing Puzzle Pirates, when I first started doing PUA/Self-Dev I felt good about doing the things I did for some reason (I was "unpoochable" lmao), but now most things I do get me tired quickly, not much excites me. I highly doubt it's a physical issue or an issue at all, since this happens to a lot of people. There has to be a way to solve this right? There must be a way to do things and not burn out so fast/so consistently.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:57 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

*bump*
So I decided to add nootropics and all that stuff to my life. I found a few stacks, but I'm unsure what would be best for me. Right now I'm mainly looking at Cerebral Success, these are the ones I found:
http://www.progressivehealth.com/learn- ... factor.htm
http://www.supplementhq.com/10-best-brain-supplements/
I'm still feeling like I could be doing something better.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:28 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

This is what I take (on a daily base):

* 25mg Zinc. Very good for my sex drive and general motivation
* 1 tablespoon of fishoil for omega3 (pharmaceutical quality). Very good for... well a lot of things. brainfunction, heart, etc.. Notice that most pills are dosed too low in my opinion and/or have a bad o3 profile. ALA is not what have the big impact, it's EPA.
* twice peer week: 20k IU D3. I used to take 5k, but doctor prescribed 20k now. A LOT of ppl are in need to supplement D3.
* green smoothies. vegetables and fruits in a mixer with water. awesome. I watch to avoid (more or less) vegetables with a lot of oxalic acid.
* Tea / green tea. I have replaced all soft drinks and similar with tea.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:37 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I take https://nootropicboost.com, but nootropics are drugs that improve thinking and memory without exciting or slowing down.