5 nutritional supplements that have improved my life

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Health & Fitness

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:33 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Since a couple of months I’m experimenting with five nutritional supplements. The results are astonishing: I feel happier, my concentration and focus improved and I’m generally in a better mood. I can state that I noticed an overall improved life quality.

Obviously, this had a positive impact on my game. When you feel goods is just much easier to find the motivation to go out, plus you get better results.

I got the information on which type of supplements and which quantities to take, out of the book “The UltraMind Solution”, from Mark Hyman. This is an awesome book on nutrition and brain health.

I was a bit skeptical about taking supplements, as I never before had took them, but I decided to give it a try together with a friend. The effects where amazing! Me and my buddy where really positively surprised. It had a huge positive impact on our daily live and increased our life quality.

I’ll explain you which supplements I’m taking and what each one does. For more detailed information, I recommend you to read the book. It’s pretty scientific and a long read, but worth it. Apart from an explanation about the supplements, it has a lot of other good information on nutrition and mental as well as physical health.

To help you to understand why the supplements I’m taking are important and what effect each one has, here is a quick overview of the 4 key neurotransmitters (they are the “messengers” of your brain) and they function (Note: the functions of the neurotransmitters and the effects of the supplements are much more extended, complicated and complex, but I just want to give you a quick overview in this article).

The 4 key neurotransmitters of your brain and their functions
1. Dopamine: getting focused
2. Serotonin: staying happy
3. GABA: getting relaxed
4. Acetylcholine: learning and remembering

It basically means that trough nutrition, we can have a direct and scientifically proven impact on how we feel and think. Based on this, I’ve decided to take 5 supplements.

The 5 supplements that have a huge positive impact on my life

1. Multivitamin complex
By taking it we get all the necessary vitamins and minerals that we don’t get out from our processed, to early harvested or too long shipped food.

2. Calcium and magnesium

Magnesium deficiency is easily created because of stress, caffeine, sugar and alcohol, as the all deplete Magnesium. Magnesium is used to make serotonin, and GABA and is the most powerful “relaxation” mineral.
Calcium is tightly linked to many of the function of vit D and is important to make our bones.

3. Vitamin B12, vitamin B6 and folate
They help GABA and serotonin production and increase cell receptiveness

4. Omega 3 (EPA and DHA)
Your brain is mostly build of fat, and 60% of it is DHA, which is a main omega-3 fat. Basically, without omega-3 fats, your brain don’t work.
Omega-3 fats have four key roles.
They build all cell membranes
They reduce inflammation
They balance blood sugar, which is essential for keeping your brain healthy
They increase the activity of a molecule which stimulates new cell growth and increases cell connections

5. Vitamin D3
It’s necessary for the normal development of the brain, reduces brain inflammation and produces serotonin. Vit. D3 is almost absent from our food supply and it’s mostly produced by sunshine on our skin.

The problem is that most of us don’t get enough sunshine, and sun blockers stops vit. D production in almost 97%. Vit D3 deficiency is directly correlated with SAD (seasonal affective disorder, or better known as winter depression). Therefore, the correlation is: sunshine->vit D3->serotonin->happiness

As said, I noticed a huge positive impact, only after about 10 days of taking them on daily basis. I didn’t notice any side-effects, but obviously I can only talk about the short term.

My personal opinion is that it’s absolutely worth it to give it a try, even when it’s a bit expensive.

You can read the full article about supplements for free on my blog. Check it out at masculine-life[dot]com

Did you’ve experimented with supplements? When yes, with which ones and how was the effect? I would appreciate your opinions, as I this topic is highly interesting for me. Feel free to comment.

Note: before consuming every of this supplements, talk to your doctor. I’m just writing about my experience and I’m not giving you any advice on taking supplements and I don’t take any responsibility for your actions.

Cheers,

Anchu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:46 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Nutritional supplements may turn out to be a life-saver for you, but you may have to negotiate a Wild West marketplace first. If you are highly skeptical of drug industry claims, maintain that same skepticism for natural products.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:32 am 
New to MPUA Forum

This is very helpful for me. I am searching for a supplement that qualifies me. And this is a good point for that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:47 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Its great post and help me a lot. please keep continue posting articles on your great site.
free gift cards code generator and free gift cards code generator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:16 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Website: https://www.cosmeagardens.com/product-category/congratulations/
Facebook: CosmeaGardens
Twitter: CosmeaGardens
Thanks for sharing this nutritional post, I get much knowledge from this post about the nutritional diets. I am looking for such kind of nutritional post from a long time and grateful to you for this nutritional post.