Neil Strauss' New Book 'The Truth'

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » The Pick Up Artist on VH1 with Mystery

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:46 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I'm sure this is old news to many people here, but I was informed by a personal friend that Neil Strauss was interviewed for a new book entitled 'The Truth' on ITV show 'This Morning'. I have provided a direct link here for what I expect with only be able to be seen by UK residents.

http://www.itv.com/thismorning/hot-topi ... -the-truth

The book will be talking about Neil moving forward into his life into relationships. However what is important is his use of phrases like "insincere" when it comes to describing 'The Game' as well as his own self hatred and depression as a result of it.

Additionally there is an article here from the UK newspaper The Guardian (http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle ... book-truth) in which he is interviewed about the book. He also makes this rather interesting quote:

“I think that a lot of guys who read The Game, they think that they’re fooling or tricking women. But most women are smart enough to know exactly what you’re doing. They just might like you enough to go along with it. I think one of the misconceptions is that someone else can be tricked into doing something they don’t want to.”

What is your reaction to the above statement? As a result of knowing this, is there any reason to bother with all these techniques such as 'negging' or 'DHV' in order to attempt to gain the interests of a woman when in all likelihood that she liked you anyway?

Genuinely interested to hear your reactions to this. Is it game over? If so, then why is that? And if not then why is that instead?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:15 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

From what I can gather, the new book is more about becoming a better MAN instead of being a PUA or geek.

Also, what does that mean as from what I've just read it sounds pretty straightforward to me - it seems to me that he is essentially saying that a woman is already aware of your interests, and you cannot bring them around to liking you if they didn't in the first place. I've essentially just repeated the same quote rearranged into my own words. I don't fully understand how that can be misinterpreted.