What if pick up becomes too mainstream?(new movie)

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » The Pick Up Artist on VH1 with Mystery

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:12 am 
New to MPUA Forum

As a lot of you guys already know there is a "the game" movie coming out. As much as I am hyped to watch the movie I was thinking about it. With so many people nowadays getting crazed and interested by the contents of a movie, it brings a worry to my attention. What if pick up becomes main stream and all of a sudden everyone really gets into it. Personally, I use pick up as my one up over most afcs. What if all the stuff we say and the way we act no longer becomes unique because everyone is doing it? I might be over exaggerating but people really get into movies nowadays, me included (I watched nightcrawler the other day and seriously considered doing some similar news shit...lol) . Just some thoughts, I'd like to hear what you guys think.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:45 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Unless there has been a recent update, that movie project was put on hold a long time ago, so there should be no current worry about "getting found out."

Second, you should eventually be using your own material rather than someone else's routines, which will further hamper anyone noticing you as a PUA.

Finally, the game is always being played, even if the guys playing it have never read a PUA book, so as long as you have installed the game into your true unique self, you're fine. You'll just be another guy hitting on a girl, except with the skills to make things happen!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:26 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Unless there has been a recent update, that movie project was put on hold a long time ago, so there should be no current worry about "getting found out."

Second, you should eventually be using your own material rather than someone else's routines, which will further hamper anyone noticing you as a PUA.
But that's the difference between you and me, I'm the type of guy that gets the essay done early as opposed to the night before. This conversation is going to happen whether it is with "the game" movie or with another pick up movie. Trust me, one is going to come out. Additionally, I'm not saying I use any of the routines from "the game" (I've glimpsed it, it's an outdated entertainment read), in fact I use my own. Your straw man is unprecedented, because I was simply asking the forum's opinion on pick up becoming mainstream (not just from the movie). And trust me it will change the game. The things we say won't be interesting because everyone is going to be saying similar shite. Hitherto, (yeah... I used that word...google will give you a nice definition) a big movie is going to have a large effect on pick up.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:39 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Hitch already came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HccL8jUIIWU - Adoration of the Magi Lupe Fiasco

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:59 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Hitch already came out.
It did. But let's be real... Hitch was very watered down to the point it was a rom-com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:04 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

I think what would happen would be a bunch of dudes trying to be a PUA, using routines and shit, and still having fucked up inner game. So women will become more aware of this.

Women know PUAs exist. try using a few negs on an online dating website and see how much a girl calls you out specifically for using "negs"

It doesn't matter. The point of being a pua isn't to be a nerdy, geeky, insecure mother fucker who can trick and manipulate women. It's to develop into a sociable cool guy. Who can get women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HccL8jUIIWU - Adoration of the Magi Lupe Fiasco

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:15 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

From what I've read and practiced, being a PUA isn't a about reciting a golden routine, it's learning hundreds if ways to handle a situation that could change in a second, and i don't think a movie can capture that.

If it does become mainstream and the routines we all know become common knowledge we have to go back to basics and remember a PUA is an 'exception to the rule'... We simply adapt our game back to its non-recognisable form....who knows, maybe direct night game might actually work :lol: