Meditation

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » NLP & Hypnotic Seduction

Post subject: Meditation
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:56 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hello PUAs,
Is anyone here into meditating? If so, could you please share what guided meditations you guys use for confidence and self esteem?

Thank you

Post subject: Re: Meditation
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:25 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I'm no PUA, but I meditate when I need it (finals, stressful moments, or before a fight), usually a very easy breathing meditation. It's kinda difficult form me to explain in English - not my mother tongue - so I'll simply, re-post an article I saved.
Quote:
A SIMPLE BREATHING MEDITATION

The first stage of meditation is to stop distractions and make our mind clearer and more lucid. This can be accomplished by practising a simple breathing meditation. We choose a quiet place to meditate and sit in a comfortable position. We can sit in the traditional cross-legged posture or in any other position that is comfortable. If we wish, we can sit in a chair. The most important thing is to keep our back straight to prevent our mind from becoming sluggish or sleepy.

We sit with our eyes partially closed and turn our attention to our breathing. We breathe naturally, preferably through the nostrils, without attempting to control our breath, and we try to become aware of the sensation of the breath as it enters and leaves the nostrils. This sensation is our object of meditation. We should try to concentrate on it to the exclusion of everything else.

At first, our mind will be very busy, and we might even feel that the meditation is making our mind busier; but in reality we are just becoming more aware of how busy our mind actually is. There will be a great temptation to follow the different thoughts as they arise, but we should resist this and remain focused single-pointedly on the sensation of the breath. If we discover that our mind has wandered and is following our thoughts, we should immediately return it to the breath. We should repeat this as many times as necessary until the mind settles on the breath.
Hope it helped, and good meditation!

P.S. If you lay a HB with meditations, I want credits in the report 8)

Post subject: Re: Meditation
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:07 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Check out the app HEADSPACE. Its a great app for guided meditation and it has some meditation on confidence and self esteem. It's available for both android and iOS users.