All Hypnosis Is Fake!!

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » NLP & Hypnotic Seduction

Post subject: All Hypnosis Is Fake!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:42 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

This is more seeking opinions rather than pushing an idea into existence. You may have heard of Speed Seduction and/or Hypnotic Language Patterns being able to improve your VERBAL GAME and you may have even tried this stuff out, or not. That, however, is irrelevant here.

Recently I found an article describing how the hypnosis industry is actually based on lies, hypnosis (was claimed) is an IDEALISTIC CONCEPT BASED ON FICTION and not scientific fact. You may have heard of Placebo's and how their effect is substantially useful in the SPAM of patients and the health industry benefits from hypnotic communication, as do the commercial sales industry, media, religion and intelligence agencies. However, this article was saying that hypnosis is not only fake but is in no way proven to work. What's your opinion?

There are people out there (especially on the internet) who make claims to help, heal and aid you towards success with hypnosis. If the article in question IS IN FACT TRUE then all these 'hypnotists' are CHARLATANS. Is it possible that everything we've come to learn about language, hypnosis and persuasion is ACTUALLY FALSE and that everything we've come to learn about hypnosis is ALL MYTH?

You may have encountered the possibility of negation being a useful tool in hypnosis and DON'T THINK OF A RED CAT better known as THE PINK ELEPHANT PRINCIPLE. This act of negation being that you tell someone not to think of a colourful animal and inevitably the mind (unconscious processes) HAVE TO GO INSIDE AND THINK OF A COLOURFUL ANIMAL. However, if my friend told me "DON'T JUMP IN THAT FIRE" then inevitably will I jump in that fire? Highly unlikely.

In Freud's theories he established differences between the Conscious mind, Subconscious mind, Unconscious mind, Superconscious mind (Collective Unconscious), and made theories about them. I was reading 'A General Introduction To Psychoanalysis' by Sigmund Freud the other day, and it even mentions that a lot of the work Freud did was only theoretical and isn't REALLY USED in today's psychoanlaytic methods. Could this have a correlation to the premise that ALL HYPNSOSIS IS FAKE?

So what's your opinion? Is hypnosis just made up mumbo jumbo? Is it all a false premise? What if you didn't belive in hypnosis?

I'm curious as to your opinions and thoughts on the subject. (I know a lot of people don't like Speed Seduction and hence I found this article relevant.)

Thanks for reading.

:?:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:06 pm 

The major problem with your proposed question is that its not properly defined. "Hypnosis" is to vague of a term as it can encompass, among other things, stage hypnosis, clinical hypnotherapy, self hypnosis, etc...

While the studies vary to some degree, especially when considering the different forms of hypnosis, most of the scientific community is critical of hypnosis. If you should read the studies you may find yourself noticing the word "placebo" thrown around a lot. I'm inclined to agree.

Stage hypnosis is mostly placebo combined with learned social constructs.

Clinical hypnotherapy has shown to be no more (and in some cases less) effective than Cognitive Behavior Therapy.

Self hypnosis varies so much that its useless to even have a broad study on it. Some "self hypnosis" courses are no more than some dude talking smoothly into a mic with relaxing music in the background. Other courses use a lot of NLP (a whole nother form of BS) combined with all sorts of BS that make it seem worth the money. Most "self hypnosis" courses thatt I've seen simply seeks to put someone into a relaxed state while feeding them commands and/or suggestions. Placebo effect.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:52 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

About stage hypnosis i read that pressure, from the public and not to embarrass the performer, are a big reason for why it "works". Professionals in this field tend to also be extremely charismatic so you are more open to obey them in the show. Never tried it, but i imagine that if you hate the show and just can't wait to get out, you would not go along with his instructions and commands. Then again, a good performer knows how to pick his subjects.

On the therapeutic side, i found on youtube a channel that actually works on me. Alicia Fairclough is her name. Again, it's not that you give up control and become an automaton, it's just that the suggestions work: i relax super fast in her relaxation videos, i feel very sleepy in her sleep videos, etc.

I feel like hypnosis has gotten a very bad name due to popular culture. You have people that think it's some dark art that makes people in to defenceless zombies, or that it's pure bs.

The way i see it now is that it's just a way to surrender to suggestions and commands, IF YOU WANT TO. So you have to WANT to quit smoking before hypnosis telling you smoking feels like crap can actually work.

In seduction, you have to WANT to feel a connection before you can actually feel it with SS.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:46 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Well, this article claimed that Hypnosis is Fake.

I'm sure Clinical Hypnosis MUST BE FOUNDED on some truth and HAS SOME USE. Stage Hypnosis is simply performance in my book. I wasn't really expecting any particular reaction to this question, I just experienced Cognitive Dissonance when I saw the article. Everything I've learned about Hypnosis has always more or less been in favour of it being useful. After THAT article I felt like I had been lied to, all this time.

Hypnosis started out as an evolution of 'MESMERISM' and so it's partnership with the mythical and 'DARK ARTS' was always inevitably a part of it's perceived power over willing/non-willing subjects and has been ever since. In response to hypnosis being some mythological therapy or some super persuasive skill that was granted to people with the right qualifications, it has spread into popular culture and into homes across the globe.

Obviously, there are the sceptics who claim it is all BS and then there are others seeking professions in its name. If I were to place myself anywhere on the spectrum I'd like to call myself somewhat a moderate believer in hypnosis but at times, I feel like it is all BS. I think the precedence of whether one believes HYPNOSIS WORKS OR HYPNOSIS DOESN'T WORK is something that contributes to an individual's interpretation and understanding of hypnosis. Hence, if I believe in hypnosis then I can be hypnotised and, of course, if I believe hypnosis is fake/BS then I cannot be hypnotised. That's my take on the whole spectrum of this, however, with real life observations (and I used to think it was all BS) I am more and more noticing that people (maybe not necessarily) might be perceived of being in hypnotic states ALL THE TIME. Does anyone else have these observations?

@Warped Mindless - I too have experienced the same exact thing while trying to learn self-hypnosis. Someone talking in a sleepy, boring, mundane and smooth way with a relaxing set of music in the background. Was it enjoyable? I think it really depended on my mood at the time, and more often than not I thought it was a waste of time (mental masturbation).

@New-Dawn - I tried to relate to your understanding in my post and totally agree with most of what you said in your reply.

Thanks for the discussion so far fellas.

:)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:14 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

A girl in my class back in my uni days had 4 dental implant posts put in under hypnosis as she had some sort of intolerance to the local aneasthetics. Speaking as someone who has had one post put in under an aneasthetic that started to wear off near the end of the operation, I can tell you it's really painful.

So yes hypnosis works.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:59 pm 

Quote:
A girl in my class back in my uni days had 4 dental implant posts put in under hypnosis as she had some sort of intolerance to the local aneasthetics. Speaking as someone who has had one post put in under an aneasthetic that started to wear off near the end of the operation, I can tell you it's really painful.

So yes hypnosis works.
That doesnt make it not a placebo. In drug trials they give half the subjects the real drug and half a placebo. Pretty much always you get have the placebo group say that the drug worked.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:52 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Hypnosis uses the same brain circuitry as a placebo.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:45 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
Quote:

So yes hypnosis works.
That doesnt make it not a placebo. In drug trials they give half the subjects the real drug and half a placebo. Pretty much always you get have the placebo group say that the drug worked.
So what you are saying is that hypnosis is so powerful it it used in nearly all pharmaceutical scientific experiments.

Hypnosis is the most powerful tool on the planet. It beats nuclear weapons because humans with subconscious brains control the weapons.

I think the only tangible proof I have seen is being unable to bend a very small woman arm without fear of breaking it. She was told to imagine her arm was as strong as an iron bar under hypnosis.

I've had the ability to gran a woman, yell sleep and she would fall asleep and I'd have to catch her. I don't consider that tangible proof. Being physically unable to bend her arm I consider tangible proof because I'm 170+ pounds and she is 90 pounds.

Everyone including hypnotists should have positive thinking, visualization and effective speaking drilled into their heads. 90% of peoples problems are from within them and caused by what they say to themselves. The other 10% comes from others careless speaking

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:07 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So yes hypnosis works.
So what you are saying is that hypnosis is so powerful it it used in nearly all pharmaceutical scientific experiments.

Hypnosis is the most powerful tool on the planet. It beats nuclear weapons because humans with subconscious brains control the weapons.

I think the only tangible proof I have seen is being unable to bend a very small woman arm without fear of breaking it. She was told to imagine her arm was as strong as an iron bar under hypnosis.

I've had the ability to gran a woman, yell sleep and she would fall asleep and I'd have to catch her. I don't consider that tangible proof. Being physically unable to bend her arm I consider tangible proof because I'm 170+ pounds and she is 90 pounds.

Everyone including hypnotists should have positive thinking, visualization and effective speaking drilled into their heads. 90% of peoples problems are from within them and caused by what they say to themselves. The other 10% comes from others careless speaking
WTF

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:10 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Ive tried ss and yes it does work, its obvious that it works you can easily tell by body language and facial expression. You can't MAKE anyone do anything with hypnosis, you can only make them WANT to do something. over time a hypnotist could make you depressed enough to want to jump in that fire.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:03 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Hypnosis is absolutely real. I have seen it used on people with my own eyes and I have been hypnotized myself from audio recordings multiple times. I have even seen hypnotic seduction right in front of my eyes and it does work. I don't know if losing weight or quitting smoking via hypnosis is real or not - I have never investigated those sorts of things. I've never tried to hyponotize someone since I don't know where to start even though I have read books.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:21 am 
New to MPUA Forum

First, I don't agree with the statement "All Hypnosis is Fake"... Hypnosis actually was the only way I was able to quit smoking....

But that doesn't matter because even if it is fake, you can use it on a girl. Let me explain.

If you are with a girl who is open-minded, you could openly hypnotize them. Just tell them I want to hypnotize you. Then you run a script, get her to relax and play a bit of hypnosis games (make her freeze in place, or make her dance when you say 'dance now') fun stuff. Now, she might not even be hypnotized (after all you are probably not a professional hypnotist), but if you have good raport with her, she will likely play along and 'pretend' to be hypnotized - she is kind of lying to herself. And even if that is all you can do, it will be an effective way to control her because she will not want to admit to herself that she lied to herself.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:00 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Nice topic.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:41 am 
Dedicated Member

It's not fake it puts you in trance where you want to obey