What do you guys think about chivalry?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Tools & Techniques of Game: Meeting, Attracting and Seducing Women » Mid-Game

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:43 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I was wondering what the PUA stance is on chivalry. I read this article on who should pay for dates (spoiler: Men) and I agree with it: http://www.eharmony.com/blog/first-date ... RURBOXyuUk

It makes sense. Anyway, I'm specifically wondering about opening car doors for women. I feel like it is a little much, I'm not a chauffeur. I read something of Tyler Durden's where he said that being a "protector of loved ones" is one of the attraction tests for men, which falls under chivalry. But should I be getting out of my car and walking around my car to open a door for a girl or is that just too pussy-whipped? I can see getting it if you're walking together already.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:49 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Always open the doors. If that is what you mean by chivalry, then yes, pua's should do it. Mainly because its such a minimal investment of time and effort and it shows leadership and alpha qualities. It has nothing to do with the "being nice to the woman" thing, or putting her on a pedestal. It shows you have manners and class. Not doing those things doesn't give you a value-add, so you might as well just do them.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:46 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Even the getting out of the car to open her door thing?

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:55 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
Even the getting out of the car to open her door thing?
they love it man, every time you have a chance do it.

chivalry is a good thing I do it all the time even with my wife lol! she loves it!
when you are in a date chivalry is a good thing but also is a thin line where you have to have the confidence of doing it without trying to get validation/qualification from the girl, you are doing it because you are a gentleman that knows what you want and you are dhv.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:00 am 
The Grand Puba

Chivalry is great as long as it's appreciated rather than expected.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:14 pm 
King Among Mortals

Always try to do this shit.

-Get the door.
-Hold the door.
-Hold the chair.
-Offer your arm, elbow 1st.
-Offer your hand (palm up) to stand.
-Lead her by the hand, the small of the back, or both.
-Spin her (This one is gold, I don't know why, it just fucking is).

Many newbies are always wondering where to start 'Kino', this is where.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:20 pm 

I believe in being a man and thus doing things like that but as far as the whole if we're at work and doing the same job... chick better pull her weight. If I get paid the same as you you do the same as me.

Opening doors is good as a person in general right down to holding the door for an extra few seconds at the convenience store.

If however we are talking about buying drinks at the bar, if I'm at the bar and we are there I only buy a chick a drink if we are having a legit good long conversation.

On a date I always pay, stay classy man. It's not about who should or shouldn't pay, it's about being a man and showing you can produce and provide for a woman... asking her to pay for her food is wrong.

Blogging again living life: http://www.Scienceofnaturalgame.com

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:55 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Let's be clear. What you actually do, as far as opening doors and shit, or paying for meals, is solely predicated on what gives you the best strategic advantage in your pickup agenda.

For instance, paying for drinks for girls you don't even know at bars is stupid. But paying for an expensive meal for a girl you are dating who is high class, well that may actually be a worthwhile investment.

Conversely, opening doors is typically advantageous to the guy as it impresses the woman. But it is not necessary to open doors for women you are not sexually interested in. And in some cases, you may want to not open doors for girls you are gaming in order to confuse her about your level of interest in her.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:33 am 
Ask a mod for a custom title

There's some serious mental masturbation going on in this thread.

Anyway, If I'm being chivalrous to the degree of opening car doors for women, I'm doing it in an overly exaggerated way, because I find it humorous.

If you are going to do these things trying to impress, then don't do them.

My in depth texting & dating guide.
There's no such thing as shit-tests.
How to keep a girl.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:42 pm 
Ask a mod for a custom title

I remember a podcast I heard a long time ago where a guy was talking about chivarlry. He said, "sure I'll pay $50 on a woman's dinner...and when we're walking out I'll give $50 to a homeless person. The point is that she sees that $50 doesnt mean anything to me." Now that's exaggerated but the point is, opening a door is fine, but dont be the guy who is opening the restaurant door for ONLY for her. Like the guy who holds open the door for a date, but when someone else is walking in right behind her, your politeness ends. Whatever I do for a woman, I'd do for a guy or anyone else. I pay for friend's dinners sometimes, they pay for mine sometimes, I open a door for a random person, I'd buy a random guy at the bar a drink when we're talking for a while, a random guy may buy my drink when we're talking for a while...no big deal. Dont be the guy who hasnt gotten the bill for your friends, but when you go on date mode, you're paying for stuff you wouldnt usually pay for.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:16 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
I remember a podcast I heard a long time ago where a guy was talking about chivarlry. He said, "sure I'll pay $50 on a woman's dinner...and when we're walking out I'll give $50 to a homeless person. The point is that she sees that $50 doesnt mean anything to me." Now that's exaggerated but the point is, opening a door is fine, but dont be the guy who is opening the restaurant door for ONLY for her. Like the guy who holds open the door for a date, but when someone else is walking in right behind her, your politeness ends. Whatever I do for a woman, I'd do for a guy or anyone else. I pay for friend's dinners sometimes, they pay for mine sometimes, I open a door for a random person, I'd buy a random guy at the bar a drink when we're talking for a while, a random guy may buy my drink when we're talking for a while...no big deal. Dont be the guy who hasnt gotten the bill for your friends, but when you go on date mode, you're paying for stuff you wouldnt usually pay for.
I like what you're saying here because it's very much about changing your whole mindset and person in a good way.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:15 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

I don't think it matters.

A lot of it is old-fashioned, like waiting until the end of a date to kiss a girl.