Girl friend requests me, how could i have handled it better?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:25 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Okay so i was friend requested on fb by this girl.i know im gonna catch hell for this but i was super busy when she 1st sent it, so i accepted a day or 2 later and meant to message her but honestly forgot so now....about 2 weeks later, ive just now messaged her.im going to copy verbatim what was said between us and i want you guys to tell me what you would have done different.

Me: hey, do i know you?

Her: probably not

Me: ohh ok well i could still use your opinion on something because i cant decide.do we want elvis or SPAM?

Her:what are you talking about?

Her: why

Me:the impersonator for our wedding silly.we have the king of rock on one hand and the dark knight on the other...i cant decide.

Her: who's wedding? And id say the king of rock that way your wedding isn't as dark to others

Me:our wedding.elvis is the standard so hes probably a little cheaper but i may wanna pay more for SPAM because hes the freaking dark knight!

Her: our? What are you talking about?

Me: you look like you would make a good cuddle buddy and its about to be winter so i reckon ill just marry you.

Her: how do you know i dont already have someone? I dont even know you.

Me: lol its okay if it doesnt work out we can just get a divorce.

Her: thats not how it works.like i said, i dont even know you and i do have someone im talking too.

Me: thats ok, we can call off the wedding if we need to but my moms gonna be so disappointed.

Thats the last thing sent, and it was hours ago.she hasnt read it yet but shes been online and i can tell shes uninterested now. I know i had her at one point but i fumbled somewhere along the way....what did i do wrong?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:51 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Cmon guys, this should be easy for all you so called experts out there...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:09 am 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
It was all pretty weird. You took the joke way too far and seemed oblivious to the fact that it wasn't doing you any favors.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:16 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
It was all pretty weird. You took the joke way too far and seemed oblivious to the fact that it wasn't doing you any favors.
Fair enough.i didnt have much to go with and i felt like keeping to the joke was the only real option here....diverting and trying to create another topic seemed to me like it would be obvious to her that i was trying to hard. What direction would you have taken it in?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:44 am 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
What direction would you have taken it in?
I would not have accepted the friend request, but that's not what you are looking for. If I were to even entertain this the first thing would have been to ask her how I know her and when she answered that we didn't, I would ask her what made her send the friend request and then work from there.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:17 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
What direction would you have taken it in?
I would not have accepted the friend request, but that's not what you are looking for. If I were to even entertain this the first thing would have been to ask her how I know her and when she answered that we didn't, I would ask her what made her send the friend request and then work from there.
Okay. I see what your saying.but why wouldnt you accept the request, Are you saying you simply wouldnt wanna hook up with a random stranger or is not accepting the request supposed to be a part if your game?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:52 am 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
Okay. I see what your saying.but why wouldnt you accept the request, Are you saying you simply wouldnt wanna hook up with a random stranger or is not accepting the request supposed to be a part if your game?
You can do it if you want. I don't do it because there are too many extra things that you have to look out for as opposed to meeting girls in real life.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:19 am 
PUA Forum Leader

I had to respond, even on my vacation.

Your texts, OP, are canned, gamey bullshit.
Your conversation with the girl reeked of desperation. Not only for the content, but how much you were typing, and how little the woman was typing.

"Cuddle buddy"? Wtf????

You essentially had a woman stalk you, then, emasculated yourself.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:23 am 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
I had to respond, even on my vacation.
Arch! It's been a while. Eddie has been trying to get in touch with you.