The Unfinished PUA's Guide to Fashion, Style, & Peacocki

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Body Language, Voice Tonality and Dress

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:20 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I have categorized this post as follows:
1. Guide To Looking Good:
-Finding the Right Fit(1)
-Finding Your Style(2)
-Dressing for the Weather(3)

2. Helpful Peacocking Tips:
-Wearing Color as opposed to Neutral(#1)
-Attraction with Patterns(#2)
-Why Suits "Get It!"(#3)
-Hair & Hats(#4)
-What Women Notice First!(#5)
-Accessories, & Misc.(#6)

I find with any kind of fashion, there first come the staple rules, and then you are boundless as to how far you want to go with your "Peacocking."

Staple rules:
1. Find "your size," and then "what fits right."
-After countless women have been asked, they tend to swing more in favor of the man in well-fitting clothes that tend to glorify your assets, and hide your liabilities.
Some women may prefer the baggy, thuggish look. Just keep in mind that you are dressing for what you want to attract, and in this case, in for the majority of the female population.
-You may find a size that fits your body type fine, but when you look in the mirror, the fabric just doesn't seem to "fall" right (gives the appearance of abnormal body proportions) It may take some time to look for the one perfect item-going from store to store, or a wholesale with many different brand names at hand-but as females may go this far, it will be "WELL WORTH IT" when you start to notice all the attention you are bringing to yourself! (can't hurt to learn some other brands..)

2. Find your Style!
-Simple enough.. Are you the Old-school Rocker that just doesn't Give A Sh*t? Is your personality flashy? Refined? Your clothes portrays your personality to others. I like to think of it as a signal that warns others of who they're about to come in contact with. Ex. HB walking down street..sees bystanders in neutral clothing-walks on. ..sees man in gigantic coat with pedo glasses, rapist beard, and ugly hat-immediately repels from signal. sees well groomed man with friendly, open gestures and armani suit-attracts to signal, and HB opens up to any eye-contact/sign of greeting.

3. Dress for the weather!
-I, as well of thousands of teenagers have committed this stupid act in the past, and it will do good, for the sake of humanity, to change with the seasons.
What to wear for which season:
Spring Summer: Rain Jacket, Shorts, Khakis, Swimwear, T-shirt, Muscleshirt(if you have muscles), or a 100% linen or cotton shirt for the summer.
Fall/winter: jacket-heavy jacket for "just cold" or "snow storm," sweater (fashionable: thin cotton, merino wool, or cashmere v-neck sweater), jeans/cold-weather trousers, leather gloves (the ones with fingers, not one giant pocket and a small one for your thumb), toque, or ear-muffs, t-shirts, and thicker 100% cotton dress shirts.
Football Season: Team-colored anything and everything - go Wild!!!

Polo-shirts, hoodies, and dress suits are worn in every type of weather. I can't go into much detain about suits, but it's just wearing a lighter fabric suit in lighter weather. go to a high-end specialty suit store and they'll be able to fill you in on everything!

GREAT! Now you have conquered the unbreakable rules of fashion. You will learn to layer up and down for the weather and how to break these rules with flair, once you have completed these main steps correctly..or at least with a bit of time.
Onto the Knowledge of a great peacock-er:

Peacock Tip #1
Color..has nothing to do if you're black, white, Asian, or Hispanic. Race is not a fashion, but wearing colorful clothing will immediately separate you from the "wall-flower, neutral" crowd. Some things you may have noticed would be Donald Trump's Bold-colored Ties, African & Aboriginal beadwear & embroidery, scarves, colored pants (newly popularized/risque),... Think of color as being the first little shout to women that you are someone different, and you deserve a different kind of attention.

Peacock Tip #2
Patterns..are made to blend different colors, make new styles, and so forth. Also, as long as you follow the rule: "no pattern on pattern," and don't completely cover yourself in a checkerboard, knowing the right pattern can gain you some valuable attraction. I don't know much about pattern names, but when you combine a green-colored scarf with a pattern such as "houndstooth, you have a deadly combination for eye-candy.

Peacock Tip #3
Suits convey Money, Power, & Sex!
You also "must get it tailored!..just remember that!

Peacock Tip #4
If you have hair, style it, dye it, and design it. Make your hair a work of art.. some hair salons located in schools, or just-opened salons give cheaper prices to the community.. if low on cash, this can save you a couple bucks, to even hundreds. If you wear a hat, make it memorable, easy to spot, and something to work with your style. This is usually easier than it sounds. Try the fedora..it portrays you're a stylish man that knows what he's doing, and it's a great lock-in prop. If you're bald and look good bald, be bald..or try wearing a wig! If all else fails, kill an animal and wear it on your head like Mystery!

Peacock Tip #5
TOP 4 THINGS A WOMAN'S GOING TO NOTICE..
Your SHOES, your WATCH, your TIE, and (if noticeable enough) your BELT BUCKLE!
You can convey status and wealth through the proper use of these three items, simply by how much better they make you look. Other things include quality, brand, how much it stands out (color/embroidery), and how well it matches you and your style.

Peacock Tip #6
Accessorize! Clubs are "The Place" to let your personality shine, and what shines more than a lot of bling? Earrings, necklaces, watches, bracelets, cufflinks, tie bars, belt & belt buckles, rings. If you have a seashell necklace, or one that you got from the village chief after you stopped a volcano from exploding..It's your DHV story..bring it along! You're never limited to what you wear, nor how much you wear.. What's the difference between a $50milllion rapper, and a rapper in poverty? About 6 platinum, diamond-studded chains is what! Okay, so recession is a popular topic..what to do when low on cash?

Ultimate (incomplete) PUA Accessory Guide:
Glow-in-the-dark Bracelets/Necklaces (easily spotted in clubs=easy attraction)
Mardigras Beads (Great for groups, say you're a fun guy, and make girls go wild)
Party Favor Rings (Lock-in props for later, anchors, easily replaceable...)
Candy Necklaces/bracelets (challenge them.. then reward them!)
Ring pops (same thing as candy necklaces, but this may get messy..and may cost you some pretty lady's designer dress)
Camera (picture routine)
Fake Cigars (as used in "The Game" I think)
Also, shades, buttons, spiked bracelets, goggles, makeup(mascara, nail polish..), and my personal favorite, feathers: Stick one in a hat(your new fedora), fasten one on a button, inside a pocket, etc.. once she's qualified herself to you, anchor the good feelings to the color and the feather, then once gone, replace it with another one (DOLLAR STORE). There are millions of other ideas out there, and a story to go with each one. The world is your oyster! Try anything out, then improve it!

I truly hope you've gained some valuable insight as to how fashion, attraction, and peacocking work, and wish you all the best in future sarges! Feel free to add your own material to this guide, as well as clear up any error of my own.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post!
-Diamond

Last edited by Diamond Smith on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:08 am 
Mr. Nemo

Quote:
Clubs are "The Place" to let your personality shine,
Clubs are not the only "the place" to let your personality shine.
Quote:
You're never limited to what you wear
I take it you are not tall? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:44 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Dude, the thing about matching is fucking true...

Giovanni

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:00 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
Clubs are "The Place" to let your personality shine,
Clubs are not the only "the place" to let your personality shine.

All the beautiful women, a stylish venue, and LOTS of testosterone all come together in the club for a limited time a night.
You are limited to how clear your message transmits to others, what your body speaks about yourself, and how "shiny" you
are compared to the other players. In the day, the stylish man would find a way to tone the clubwear down a few notches to
convey his personality in a more refined, yet, still noticeable manner. This is speaking for the majority of the population.

If you start wearing crazy colored clothing with dead animal hats and 50G's on your neck in the day time, you're already
coming off as a player or a pimp clown. Now if you have a strong frame, want a new challenge, or if that does convey your
personality, by all meas try it out! You will not only be stepping outside the fashion norms, but you will learn all about what kind
of women you will be able to attract by what you're wearing, and learn a couple new things about yourself while you're at it.
Rules are meant to be broken. Once you are educated on the matter it's best to accept them as guidelines, and have fun with it!
Quote:
Quote:
You're never limited to what you wear
I take it you are not tall? :lol:
If you are short, skinny, large, or tall, there has been a clothing designer, a tailor, or brand name that has developed a line of
clothing to suit people like one of those four..maybe more! Everyone has different body proportions. You now have the "Big & Tall"
store if you're big or tall. For centuries, tailors have been able to make clothing-size disadvantaged people look like gods,
whether your chest and biceps protrude past your abdomen and forearms, or you need a more "loosened fit" around the waist.

Big & Tall?
http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/di ... ?cid=47057
http://www.highandmighty.co.uk/
http://www.gap.com/browse/subDivision.do?cid=5065
http://www.landsend.com/ix/mens-clothin ... 2&store=le
http://www.sizematters.com/
http://www.rochesterclothing.com/store/ ... cm_mmc=FPM
Custom Internet Tailor: http://www2.tall.com/search.asp?cat_id=1

You'll notice some common brands in there. If you share what kind of style
you're leaning towards, I could give you plenty more options.
Short people are slowly being weeded out of the worlds population anyways..
I'll bet it's just a few more centuries now.. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:25 am 
Mr. Nemo

Quote:
All the beautiful women, a stylish venue, and LOTS of testosterone all come together in the club for a limited time a night.
You are limited to how clear your message transmits to others, what your body speaks about yourself, and how "shiny" you
are compared to the other players. In the day, the stylish man would find a way to tone the clubwear down a few notches to
convey his personality in a more refined, yet, still noticeable manner. This is speaking for the majority of the population.
I still disagree with you no matter what you say. As you can show off your personality at ANY social gathering.
Quote:
If you start wearing crazy colored clothing with dead animal hats and 50G's on your neck in the day time, you're already
coming off as a player or a pimp clown. Now if you have a strong frame, want a new challenge, or if that does convey your
personality, by all meas try it out! You will not only be stepping outside the fashion norms, but you will learn all about what kind
of women you will be able to attract by what you're wearing, and learn a couple new things about yourself while you're at it.
Rules are meant to be broken. Once you are educated on the matter it's best to accept them as guidelines, and have fun with it!
I agree with you here.
Quote:
If you are short, skinny, large, or tall, there has been a clothing designer, a tailor, or brand name that has developed a line of
clothing to suit people like one of those four..maybe more! Everyone has different body proportions. You now have the "Big & Tall"
store if you're big or tall. For centuries, tailors have been able to make clothing-size disadvantaged people look like gods,
whether your chest and biceps protrude past your abdomen and forearms, or you need a more "loosened fit" around the waist.
You are certainly correct that there is a designer for almost every body shape out there. But there is a price tag to be hand. And when you are dealing with a guy that is 6'6" designer labels are not cheap in the slightest.
Quote:
I am quite aware of all of those sites. As I have spend a lot of time looking for places that sell clothes that fit me. In your list there only two sites actually sell clothes that fit me. And its not Big & Tall. Its Banana Republic and Lands End. The other clothes are either two big or cost to much.
Quote:
You'll notice some common brands in there. If you share what kind of style
you're leaning towards, I could give you plenty more options.
And I bet you more than likely what ever store you suggest will not have a single article of clothing that will fit me. As I said you are not tall. If you where actually tall you would know you that your limited in what you can get. If you think other wise then find me a skater or street shoe in size 15 4E width. Ya I can go custom on all of my clothing the problem there is I do not make the money to support such a thing.
Quote:
Short people are slowly being weeded out of the worlds population anyways..
I'll bet it's just a few more centuries now.. :)
Uh I don't see guys that are shorter than 6'0" going away any time soon. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:51 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
All the beautiful women, a stylish venue, and LOTS of testosterone all come together in the club for a limited time a night. You are limited to how clear your message transmits to others, what your body speaks about yourself, and how "shiny" you are compared to the other players. In the day, the stylish man would find a way to tone the clubwear down a few notches to convey his personality in a more refined, yet, still noticeable manner. This is speaking for the majority of the population.
I still disagree with you no matter what you say. As you can show off your personality at ANY social gathering.
Once again, I'm talking about personality portrayed through clothing..
In a club or bar setting, the objective is to have more flair. Daytime,
tone it down, but keep it unique to your style! Your personality will show
through no matter what you're wearing..or who you're speaking to online.
This is a guide to better fashion choices and peacocking.
Quote:
Quote:
If you are short, skinny, large, or tall, there has been a clothing designer, a tailor, or brand name that has developed a line of clothing to suit people like one of those four..maybe more! Everyone has different body proportions. You now have the "Big & Tall" store if you're big or tall. For centuries, tailors have been able to make clothing-size disadvantaged people look like gods, whether your chest and biceps protrude past your abdomen and forearms, or you need a more "loosened fit" around the waist.
You are certainly correct that there is a designer for almost every body shape out there. But there is a price tag to be hand. And when you are dealing with a guy that is 6'6" designer labels are not cheap in the slightest.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultan_K%C3%B6sen
If you cannot afford last-season designer labels, side-label, or tailored items, and
if you've tried every affordable brand with no success, your options seem to be:

-Learn to design your own clothing (Very profitable, shows creativity, and make your own style..
women may take you on shopping trips or ask you to size up something for their body...)
-Go to a second-hand clothing store (affordable, many labels to choose from, many different fits)
-Just get stuff tailored anyways (A small price to pay for a lot of attraction!-contours
your body perfectly, made to be more comfortable to move around in, and will usually last many
more years due to the special craftsmanship. Women always seem to notice - 5 Star buy!)
-Either wear ill-fitting clothes, or get naked.
Quote:
Quote:
You'll notice some common brands in there. If you share what kind of style you're leaning towards, I could give you plenty more options.
And I bet you more than likely what ever store you suggest will not have a single article of clothing that will fit me. As I said you are not tall. If you where actually tall you would know you that your limited in what you can get. If you think other wise then find me a skater or street shoe in size 15 4E width. Ya I can go custom on all of my clothing the problem there is I do not make the money to support such a thing.
If you can't keep an open mind, you'll never know when you've found the answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:22 pm 
Mr. Nemo

Quote:
Once again, I'm talking about personality portrayed through clothing..
In a club or bar setting, the objective is to have more flair. Daytime,
tone it down, but keep it unique to your style! Your personality will show
through no matter what you're wearing..or who you're speaking to online.
This is a guide to better fashion choices and peacocking.
I agree with you but disagree with you, if that makes sense.

Quote:
If you cannot afford last-season designer labels, side-label, or tailored items, and
if you've tried every affordable brand with no success, your options seem to be:
What makes you think designer labels are a for sure thing for someone like me? I have tried on like 20 different labels with 2 just fitting me. Most where either too short in the arm or in the torso. A little clothing fact that picked up for ya. Most clothes for men are made for guys that are 6'3" and shorter. This even goes for designer labels.
Quote:
-Learn to design your own clothing (Very profitable, shows creativity, and make your own style..
women may take you on shopping trips or ask you to size up something for their body...)
Profitable? I am not sure about that, but I agree with the other things tho.
Quote:
-Go to a second-hand clothing store (affordable, many labels to choose from, many different fits)
I don't even bother with such places as the chances of me finding something that fits there is very slim if any. Most of the clothes there are made for guys 6'3" and below.
Quote:
-Just get stuff tailored anyways (A small price to pay for a lot of attraction!-contours
your body perfectly, made to be more comfortable to move around in, and will usually last many
more years due to the special craftsmanship. Women always seem to notice - 5 Star buy!)
I could get things tailored, but that is generally when you want to take things in, not make them longer. :winki:
Quote:
-Either wear ill-fitting clothes, or get naked.
That sounds like fun if I was drunk. :P
Quote:
If you can't keep an open mind, you'll never know when you've found the answer.
And yet I do keep an open mind. I don't think you are getting what I am saying here. You claim that I am in no way limited in what I can wear and yet I am. I spend hours and hours on looking for new places to get clothes as I am very limited in where I can shop. Ya I could go custom, but that works better for dressy/fancy clothes, not every day clothes. I don't do dressy/fancy, I do t-shirt and shorts. Things have gotten better clothing wise for me over the years, but my main problem is t-shirts/shirts. As a lot of companies do not make them long enough for me. As I said before you are not all, if you where you would know what difficulties tall people have when it comes to clothing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:32 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

The Unfinished PUA's Guide to Fashion is really amazing just like one at https://vikingcaulking.com/. Style, & Peacocki post is amazing, this is really informative, look forward to reading more, keep sharing more.