Dealing with arrogance/high value/wanna be high value

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Tools & Techniques of Game: Meeting, Attracting and Seducing Women » Mid-Game

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:18 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Socially, I may often find myself talking to someone who has an arrogant style/vibe which does not necessarily have bad intentions. This is how some people are and sometimes I can guess they think they are high value. Often, they may not show much interest (ask questions about me). Sometimes they just talk and its my job to keep up.

In any case, I personally cant stand it, its pretty opposite of who I am. I also know that some of the most charismatic people I have met are friendly, open, and make an effort to engage.

So in life, one must deal with all kinds of personalities. My usual ways of dealing with those people:

A. Try to have a convo based on stories, one each
B. Ask questions, show interest
C. Fuck them, move on.

I will say Im not good at engaging with them. I will make an effort but I have never been able to "decode" these type of people. I am willing to walk away but often in social or work situations, you have to strive to make it work and see if you can even "flip" them to like you and who knows, they may let their guard down or develop an interest. Of course, I refuse to make extended efforts if the person is not clearly not worth it and I cant be friends with everyone I meet in life. But I should try to get better!

Thoughts? :)

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:50 pm 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
In any case, I personally cant stand it, its pretty opposite of who I am.
So why do you want to stay in it?

In any case, you can interrupt people like this and force them to get into details. Interrupt them and tease them about some of the things that they say. Interrupt them and give them some opinions. The point I'm making is that you can take control of the conversation but at the same time let them keep talking. However, it will be your responsibility to make sure that your intent on why you are there talking to her is projected. If she wants to talk without returning that same attraction, you should exit the conversation.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:06 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Cool thanks.My post applies to men and women socially in general. This often happens with extroverts who may be likeable to some degree but have that arrogant layer.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:21 pm 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
Cool thanks.My post applies to men and women socially in general. This often happens with extroverts who may be likeable to some degree but have that arrogant layer.
Since your post was under the "Tools & Techniques of Game: Meeting, Attracting and Seducing Women » Mid-Game" part of a pick-up forum, for some reason I assumed your post was just about the seduction of women.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:16 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

I can move my thread to another section. Not sure how....

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:44 am 
PUA Forum Leader

It can be tough. I've been burnt in social situations a number of times on that. Some guy will come in and start talking about football to show how much he knows about team rosters and play configurations. Or some woman will start talking about all the places she travelled. This is automatic DLV for you if you don't know as much as them about the topic and haven't been to where they have.

I'm learning that you can't just melt away and get quiet. And if you say fuck em' and leave, then they win and you lose. Nick Sparks had a good presentation on that subject. He said that you should engage the person and show a lot of interest...at first. Give them an inflated sense of validation and approval so its noticeable to the group. Then start pulling it back. They talked about this in The Game book too. You basically create a frame in which other people have to seek your approval and validation and it ends up making you seem the most alpha and high value of the entire group. Easier said than done though.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:13 am 
Ask a mod for a custom title

Quote:
It can be tough. I've been burnt in social situations a number of times on that. Some guy will come in and start talking about football to show how much he knows about team rosters and play configurations. Or some woman will start talking about all the places she travelled. This is automatic DLV for you if you don't know as much as them about the topic and haven't been to where they have.

I'm learning that you can't just melt away and get quiet. And if you say fuck em' and leave, then they win and you lose. Nick Sparks had a good presentation on that subject. He said that you should engage the person and show a lot of interest...at first. Give them an inflated sense of validation and approval so its noticeable to the group. Then start pulling it back. They talked about this in The Game book too. You basically create a frame in which other people have to seek your approval and validation and it ends up making you seem the most alpha and high value of the entire group. Easier said than done though.

No.... someone knowing more than you about something isn't a "dlv" unless you're an insecure person. It's one thing if someone is being rude to you...but someone knowing more about an area shouldn't make you feel a certain way or look badly on you. Stop the power games and be a human being.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:23 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
I'm learning that you can't just melt away and get quiet.

This is where muscular fitness comes in, and it does a lot of talking for you. You have DHV 100% of the time.

Quote:
And if you say fuck em' and leave, then they win and you lose. Nick Sparks had a good presentation on that subject. He said that you should engage the person and show a lot of interest...at first. Give them an inflated sense of validation and approval so its noticeable to the group. Then start pulling it back. They talked about this in The Game book too. You basically create a frame in which other people have to seek your approval and validation and it ends up making you seem the most alpha and high value of the entire group. Easier said than done though.

This is all nonsense, IMHO.

First, the "they win and I lose" frame is bad, and needless. No one wins or loses. It's just another fucking day on planet earth trying to enjoy things. You have to get big, big BIG picture in your head to truly be above the fray. Be the bull elk, doing his own thing, focused on your goals like career, fitness, and literature. not the little yappy spike bucks all confused and chatty.

And it also brings me back to a diet, and muscular fitness. When you attain your best you, you don't have to talk much.

At all.

And we all know, from our experience on this forum (and others) that the #1 reason men get nexted so much by women is they talk/text them out of the initial attraction.

The attraction is ALREADY there. A woman has a pretty good idea if she'll sleep with you. Your goal is to keep it that way by being emotionally-centered, chill, and slightly aloof while using charming honesty/teasing.

The bull elk works on HIMSELF, and goes about his business in the mountains. He does not give a FUCK about the spike bucks and the clique groups. And as he goes about his way, cow elk gravitate towards him. And soon, he has a harem, and thus abundance mentality.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:36 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Thanks yall. I value the different points of view. Im still hoping to hear about tactical suggestions.

I believe these are quick "whips" that can range from just looking at someone, a quick snappy comment they cant recoup from, a gesture.....the tables have to be turned quick on arrogant people who may be a part of a given social space for longer than we wish. I am exploring this regardless male/female.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:20 pm 
Ask a mod for a custom title

Quote:
Thanks yall. I value the different points of view. Im still hoping to hear about tactical suggestions.

I believe these are quick "whips" that can range from just looking at someone, a quick snappy comment they cant recoup from, a gesture.....the tables have to be turned quick on arrogant people who may be a part of a given social space for longer than we wish. I am exploring this regardless male/female.
Give a couple clear examples

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:48 am 
PUA Forum Leader

I see people awkwardly DLVing each other by accident a lot of the time when doing this particular tactic. But you can certainly do it on purpose if you want to be passive aggressive. Let's say someone is talking about how awesome they are. He's going on and on about how he's a pharmacist and makes six figures.

You say "what was that?", like you are asking him to repeat what he last said.

He'll repeat it again, "Oh, I was just saying how I'd rather be a pilot than a legal drug dealer and only make $65K a year instead of $125K because that's my true passion..."

Then you cut him off, "Uh, no sorry dude, I was talking about that commercial up there on the tv. I couldn't tell what the thing was it was weird. Looked like a sham wow mop or something."

Whatever you are talking about can just be lame and mundane too. It immediately makes him feel awkward, because he repeated his bragging and you are not even listening to him or caring, and instead focusing on a stupid tv commercial on the tv screen at the back of the sports bar. It totally kills his vibe and momentum and you will see the rest of the group at least temporarily disconnect from him once it happens.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:20 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

cool...