What is pick up lines?

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Get Into The Game: New Forum Members Start Here » The Pick Up Artist on VH1 with Mystery

Post subject: What is pick up lines?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:00 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Pick up lines are the conversation opener with the intent of engaging an unfamiliar person for romance or dating.Pick-up lines range from straightforward conversation openers such as introducing oneself, providing information about oneself, or asking someone about their likes to elaborate attempts including humor. Pickup lines have been used on both men and women. Some are good, some are very, very bad, but we can all agree that they’re pretty funny. Share with us any good ones you've heard, but please remember to follow the Community Guidelines.
For this one to work you first should go to your local bookstore and buy the book "How to pick up women for dummies". Then go to a bar, locate the woman you want to pick up, go to her within 3 seconds of her noticing you, hold your book up in front of your face so she can read the title, go to the page titled "never use these pick up lines and start reading them to her like: "So, do you come here often?"
I thought I'd throw these out there to other PUAs and get some feedback. These have generally worked pretty well for me, and I've successfully used each one many times. So, hopefully someone will use these for himself to get some tail!

Btw, the context of these is the bar/club scene in the U.S.A. I'm not sure how I'd characterize my style on the spectrum between direct and indirect, but I think they are fairly direct. I really don't believe in all that "Who lies more, men or women!?!?!?" indirect question crap. It's really not easy to carry on a complicated question and answer conversation at a bar/club, and the girl is there to hook up with a guy anyway, so might as well be a freaking man and let her know you're interested. The only point of the pickup line anyway is to get her to talk to you without looking like a weirdo.

My top 6 - field tested and approved!

1) So what do you think, should we start talking, or keep flirting from a distance?

2) Hey, are you here with Sara’s birthday party too? No? Oh. Hi, I’m Brah... blah blah blah. [note that there is no birthday party or girl named sara]

3) Are you shy? Because I’ve been standing over there for 5 minutes and you never came up and said hi.

4) Hey, nice shoes. (or hair, dress, whatever).

5) You look bored. Let's remedy that.

6) me: Hey, do you have a light?
Her: No.
Me: Do you smoke?
her: No.
Me: Actually, neither do I.

If she DOES have a light:
You: Actually, I don’t smoke, I just wanted to say hi.

If she asks me for a light, I respond with: "Are you just using this as an excuse to talk to me? Are you a pickup artist?"

Bonus: "You look familiar. Have we had sex?" - hahahah, Just kidding. I’d never have the balls to say this.

*disclaimer: I didn't make up all of these on my own. Some of them are taken from other people on this board.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:00 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Some of those are great. For girls that smoke I've always used this:

Me: "Hey can I please bum a cigarette"
Her: "sure" goes to get cigarette
Her: hands it to me
Me: I take it, spin it over and hand it back to her and say "sorry I don't smoke" as though she just gave me a cigarette that I didn't ask for. (note, I'm not an asshole about this, I keep it fun)
She: almost always laughs and looks a little confused sometimes. perfect!
Me: "so I wanted to meet you and see if you're my type or not"
She: usually gets a little conversational here, and away we go