Post subject: Online dating openers
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:12 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I've recently got this new app called Instagram, which is kind of like Facebook, but a lot better, because it's all about pictures so you don't need to read about all the drama that people regularly post to the public like on Facebook. Now there's even an app called InstaMessage which allows you to talk to people on Instagram, making it very simillar to a dating site.

I first started with initial "heys" and "whats up". Wasn't really getting me nowhere, except I did f close this one girl, but that's just because she found me really attractive.

Now, I'm trying some new approaches. Just today, I tried "Finally someone who doesn't look like a total slut!" and it seemed to work well.

So, I was wondering if you guys had some good online openers to share that actually worked before.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:55 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Yahoo Messenger: Bamthebomb
i like to use:
1) OMG, you like the tipe of girl that needs ages to be ready... ;) (credit to BravoPUA) hb:9-10's
2) do you know why you suck :(? (credit to Mystery, and i use it only if i can get away with it) hb: only 10's
3) OMG, you look like the girl i used to hate while i had a crush on her.. she was a total bitch (works about 70%)
4) You don't know me, i don't know you but you look like know a thing or two about fashion... i have a job interview in 24 hours and i need to look perfect so do i get to wear a blue or pink shirt? (if she's nice she will reply. i used it only on 6's,7's and 8's, for 9,10's i like to use the first two)

The first two are golden!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:29 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

hi/etc. are crap openers, they are much less successful than "real openers" I think the best for the effort is a one liner relating to their profile. I have actually experimented with this stuff and kept track of results and the one liner opens up >3x as much as just saying hi. This is btw, assuming real online dating sites. Not twitter/facebook etc. That shit is really crappy for online dating and a total waste of time in my opinion unless you are using tinder or one of the tinderlike apps.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:53 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

@bamthebomb

They all look like solid openers, but the second one looks hard to pull off :o

@TheFury

Well InstaMessage is like Tinder. You can even search for people nearby with accurate locations and it shows you how far away they are from you(in KM). Also, it's simple,free and pretty active and I usually get responses back! I highly suggest it for online daters out there.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:31 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
@bamthebomb

They all look like solid openers, but the second one looks hard to pull off :o
It is hard to pull. i use it only if i can get away with it, for exameple: i see a 10's that turns down every guy cuz she thinks she's a brad pitt kind of girl, i give her the line. I want her to feel a bit like all the guys she turned down and that she's not perfect.

me: do you know why you suck?
her: omg, please tell me. it seems i found mr. know it all bla bla bla (she's sarcastic and kind of mad, but she had the time to answer just for you. i don't care what she says, for me it's just a routine)
me: it's not cool. you turn down all this guys just for your own fun. some of them are really nice, not me cuz i'm more of a asshole just for telling you this and we will never get along just for this reason. I may be an asshole and i don't apologize for that but at least i admit it. What is your excuse? what's going on more than your looks?
her: if she starts qualifying it's game on, if not she's just a bitch.
me: you look like troble and kind of toxic for those nice guys out there, but i also think you could be a really nice person if you want to, right?

and from there on i get into another opener and another and she will get used to me in a few hours (max 2 hours) if not screw her.

i also use "do you know why you suck" if she doesen't reply to nr.4 and than i use the same routine as above.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:52 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

@bamthebomb

I tried nr.1, I'll see how that goes. Btw, what dating site/app do you use?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:44 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Let me know how it goes :D

sites i use for dating:
pof(plenty of fish) - is great, i'm from romania and i use it just to test stuff up, but is a great site and a great way to meet girls.
craigslist - mainly prostitutes
facebook - 5 hours of gaming on facebook = 5 min on a real dating site because girls in facebook are not in that state of mind to be picked up, but still a great place.
and some local sites.

Very important in online dating is your profile!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:51 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

@bamthebomb

No answer yet, and I'm trying pof as we speak! What did you use for this question: "When it comes to dating what best describes your intent?". I'm not sure if I should go for "Casual dating, nothing serious" or "I want a relationship". Also, let me know what you think about this profile description that I made.
Quote:
First off, I didn't bring my fishing rod, so I won't be doing any fishing. I'd rather meet and date the fish properly, instead of giving her bait!

Haha, but all jokes aside, when I think about relationships, I think about what I'd provide for the other person. The places I'd take her, the activities we would do, and the adventures we'd have. Long term or not, all I want is fun and an interesting time with another person! I'm pretty compatible with most women. As long as you're not like my ex-girlfriend, I think we'd get along well! :)
I think it's original, not too long, creates mystery and is also pretty funny :P

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:13 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65fRrFJnrBg Watch this video. Bravo talks about online dating, great stuff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:30 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

@bamthebomb

Lol, I'll check it out! Also you didn't answer my question or told me what you thought about the description :P

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:07 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

It seems to me that you're a nice funny guy, a bit mean about ur ex's.. sounds ok...

I would write something like this:
"I'm kind of a jerk.

Don't contact me if you are:
- bartender
- hostess
- waitress
- etc
cuz I'm toxic and you can't handle me!

I also like Tom&Jerry"

something like this.

I'm kind of a jerk is eye-raping,
don't contact me if you are a bartender(or what girls i would like to meet) = bartenders are hired guns
cuz i'm toxic and you can't hadle me = i try to give her a challange
Tom&Jerry = means i don't take it seriously, i'm funny
and also my description is a conversation starter!

my description conveys to my personality... yours must do the same, if it does that's great!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:49 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

@bamthebomb

Well, when you say nice funny guy, that doesn't sound too good to me. I don't want to be TOO nice. But I also have the "Im kind of an asshole" line, but as a headline (Took it from Bravo, it was too golden). That makes me look a little less nice, I guess lol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:39 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

i like your description, it's honest, funny, not too cocky, and if you took Bravo's headline that makes it great, at least in my opinion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:11 am 
New to MPUA Forum

This is tested and proven by myself and a friend on online dating site pleanty of fish.

."let's not make this weird and just kiss haha"

Got a heap of replys for this mostly "that's a new one haha"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:44 am 
New to MPUA Forum

@bamthebomb Thanks for the feedback! I also added "Don't message me if you're a bartender, waitress or have implants. It never works! :P". Thought I'd try it out. So far, 4 girls messaged me first! I didn't expect that to happen and 2 of them are pretty cute!

@Capt Sgt Haha that one's pretty funny!

You'd think all these little tricks don't work, but wow. Bravo is a genius though. I've been watching his videos everyday!